Innovative strategies for artfully blending aesthetic techniques to maximize results
The Art of Combining Surgical and Nonsurgical Techniques in Aesthetic Medicine by Julius W. Few Jr. reflects multidisciplinary contributions from renowned practitioners in plastic surgery, dermatology, oculoplastics, and facial plastic surgery. This is the first book to specifically discuss minimally-invasive aesthetic techniques for the face and body and how to strategically combine them, both with and without surgery. The text is rooted in evidence-based scientific principles and sound clinical applications, with the goal of helping aesthetic practitioners attain more favorable and longer-lasting results.
Fifteen comprehensive chapters reflect the visionary beliefs of top experts in cosmetic medicine. Each topic is discussed by clinicians who have developed innovative approaches that will revolutionize the field. The book lays a solid foundation with opening chapters on concepts of beauty and nonsurgical facial rejuvenation in traditional surgical candidates. Subsequent chapters discuss innovative, combined approaches for both the face and body.
- Blending and sequencing of techniques, and diverse skin type considerations
- A wide array of modalities — from noninvasive devices, microneedling and platelet-rich plasma, and light- and energy-based therapies — to surgical interventions
- Practical, real-life case studies throughout
- More than 200 detailed photos and colorful illustrations detail anatomy and approaches
- Technical videos available online demonstrate techniques in depth
- Special emphasis on how to avoid and treat complications
This must-have resource masterfully guides novice and veteran clinicians alike on the thoughtful use of combined state-of-the-art techniques to achieve optimal outcomes. It will help plastic surgeons, facial plastic surgeons, dermatologists, and dermatologic surgeons reduce recovery time and enhance results in their patients.
Frequently asked questions
How do I redeem my eBook?
- Once you have successfully completed your eBook purchase on Thieme.com please look in your Order Confirmation e-mail for your unique redemption code. If you have not received your code, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com for assistance.
- Please go to https://www.vitalsource.com and make an account if you do not already have one.
- Once you are logged in, click the Account menu at the top right of the screen. Select Redeem and enter the redemption code in the Code To Redeem box.
- Press Redeem. Once the code has been redeemed your eBook will download and appear in your library.
Can I download e-books directly to mobile phones/tablets (without going through PC/laptop)?
- Click this link to access app downloads for iPhone, Android, Kindle, Mac, PC, and Chromebook: https://www.vitalsource.com/downloads
- Once you have downloaded the Bookshelf app, open the app and log in to your Bookshelf account to access your eBook. Click on “All Titles” in the collection pane to view all the eBooks in your account. Double-click on the title to download the book to your device. Once downloaded, double-click again to open the book.
Can I transfer e-books to other computers?
With an account from Vitalsource, you are able to access your book anywhere once you have logged in to your account at least once.
What is an e-book?
An e-book is an electronic edition of a printed book that is available as a file. The content does not differ from the printed edition of the book. Thieme offers electronic books in PDF and EPUB formats. For both formats, you need software to display the documents on your reading device. This software is not part of the e-book download.
What is the PDF format?
Adobe PDF format (Portable Document Format) is a standard format in MAC/PC area. Free programs for reading a PDF are available for all common operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and for almost all e-book readers such as e-book readers, tablets or smartphones.
What is the EPUB format?
EPUB (electronic publication) is a standard format for e-books that enables dynamic adaptation of the text to the size of the display device. It is particularly well suited for displaying e-books on tablet PCs, smartphones, and e-book readers.
EPUBs can also be easily displayed on MACs/PCs via the free ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) software, for example.
An Internet connection is required only to download the e-book to the reader. Once the download is complete, you can view and read the e-book without an Internet connection.
Are e-books copy-protected?
E-books from Thieme Publishing Group are provided with DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection from Vitalsource
On how many devices can I read the e-book?
You can read an e-book on up to six different (mobile) devices. These devices must be authorized with the same Adobe ID.
Can I exchange/return an e-book?
E-books are products that are not suitable for return due to their nature. Just like downloads of other electronic files (movies, music or software), e-books are excluded from the right of withdrawal. A return or exchange is therefore not possible.
If you have any questions about downloading Bookshelf, creating your account, or accessing and using your eBook edition, please visit http://support.vitalsource.com/