State-of-the-art solutions to restore hand function in patients with difficult hand ailments
The intricate balance of the intrinsic and extrinsic soft tissue structure and bony scaffold of the hand, coupled with 31 articulating services in the hand and wrist, can lead to significant surgical challenges. Providing surgeons with technical pearls to overcome these challenges is the primary focus of Problems in Hand Surgery: Solutions to Recover Function by internationally renowned hand surgeons Michael W. Neumeister and Michael Sauerbier, and an impressive group of contributors.
Organized by 29 sections and 90 chapters, this comprehensive book focuses on secondary hand surgeries to optimize hand form and function in patients with challenging trauma- and disorder-related hand issues. Among the many topics addressed are problems associated with nonunion, malunion, dysvascular limbs, trauma-related degenerative changes, stiffness, tendon dysfunction, joint disruption, nerve injury, neuropathy, vasospasm, fractures, and osteoarthritis.
- Unique approaches for stiff fingers, recurrent cubital tunnel and ulnar neuropathy, suboptimal bone healing/avascular necrosis in the hand and wrist, and more
- High-quality videos provide insightful guidance on various surgical techniques
- Over 1,100 color illustrations and preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative images help readers visualize the steps involved in each operative procedure
The extraordinary clinical tools in this step-by-step surgical resource will help orthopaedic surgery residents and experienced orthopaedic and plastic surgeons manage difficult cases and achieve optimal patient outcomes.
This book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.
Frequently asked questions
How do I redeem my eBook?
- Once you have successfully completed your eBook purchase on Thieme.com please look in your Order Confirmation e-mail for your unique redemption code. If you have not received your code, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com for assistance.
- Please go to https://www.vitalsource.com and make an account if you do not already have one.
- Once you are logged in, click the Account menu at the top right of the screen. Select Redeem and enter the redemption code in the Code To Redeem box.
- Press Redeem. Once the code has been redeemed your eBook will download and appear in your library.
Can I download e-books directly to mobile phones/tablets (without going through PC/laptop)?
- Click this link to access app downloads for iPhone, Android, Kindle, Mac, PC, and Chromebook: https://www.vitalsource.com/downloads
- Once you have downloaded the Bookshelf app, open the app and log in to your Bookshelf account to access your eBook. Click on “All Titles” in the collection pane to view all the eBooks in your account. Double-click on the title to download the book to your device. Once downloaded, double-click again to open the book.
Can I transfer e-books to other computers?
With an account from Vitalsource, you are able to access your book anywhere once you have logged in to your account at least once.
What is an e-book?
An e-book is an electronic edition of a printed book that is available as a file. The content does not differ from the printed edition of the book. Thieme offers electronic books in PDF and EPUB formats. For both formats, you need software to display the documents on your reading device. This software is not part of the e-book download.
What is the PDF format?
Adobe PDF format (Portable Document Format) is a standard format in MAC/PC area. Free programs for reading a PDF are available for all common operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and for almost all e-book readers such as e-book readers, tablets or smartphones.
What is the EPUB format?
EPUB (electronic publication) is a standard format for e-books that enables dynamic adaptation of the text to the size of the display device. It is particularly well suited for displaying e-books on tablet PCs, smartphones, and e-book readers.
EPUBs can also be easily displayed on MACs/PCs via the free ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) software, for example.
An Internet connection is required only to download the e-book to the reader. Once the download is complete, you can view and read the e-book without an Internet connection.
Are e-books copy-protected?
E-books from Thieme Publishing Group are provided with DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection from Vitalsource
On how many devices can I read the e-book?
You can read an e-book on up to six different (mobile) devices. These devices must be authorized with the same Adobe ID.
Can I exchange/return an e-book?
E-books are products that are not suitable for return due to their nature. Just like downloads of other electronic files (movies, music or software), e-books are excluded from the right of withdrawal. A return or exchange is therefore not possible.
If you have any questions about downloading Bookshelf, creating your account, or accessing and using your eBook edition, please visit http://support.vitalsource.com/