Pocket Atlas of Radiographic Positioning
. Zus.-Arb.: Torsten B. Möller, Emil Reif in collaboration with... (Innentitel) Translated by Horst N. Bertram (Impressum)
- Edition: 2nd edition 2009
- Details: 358 pages, 491 ill., Paperback (Perfect Binding)
- ISBN: 9783131074423
- Media Type: Book
- Language of text: English
Radiographic positioning - comprehensive and concise
Now in its second edition, Pocket Atlas of Radiographic Positioning is a practical how-to guide that provides the detailed information you need to reproducibly obtain high-quality radiographic images for optimal evaluation and interpretation of normal, abnormal, and pathological anatomic findings. It shows positioning techniques for all standard examinations in conventional radiology, with and without contrast, as well as basic positioning for CT and MRI. For each type of study a double-page spread features an exemplary radiograph, positioning sketches, and helpful information on imaging technique and parameters, criteria for the best radiographic view, and patient preparation. Clearly organized to be used in day-to-day practice, the atlas serves as an ideal companion to Moeller and Reif's Pocket Atlas of Radiographic Anatomy and their three-volume Pocket Atlas of Cross-Sectional Anatomy.
Highlights of the second edition:
- New chapters on positioning in MRI and CT, including multislice CT
- A greatly expanded section on mammography
- Special features, including information on the advantages of a specific view, variations of positions, and practical tips and tricks
- Nearly 500 excellent radiographs and drawings demonstrating the relationship between correct patient positioning and effective diagnostic images
Pocket Atlas of Radiographic Positioning, Second Edition is an excellent desk or pocket reference for radiologists, radiology residents, and for radiologic technologists.