Microsurgical Reconstruction of the Head and Neck is a master work representing a unique collaboration among the world's leading microsurgeons who share their expertise and insights on the latest advances and techniques in head and neck reconstruction.
Inspect this work today, and you will be delighted with its comprehensive coverage, logical organization, appealing layout, and beautiful four-color illustrations detailing anatomic structures and step-by-step operative technique. The book is divided into seven sections with 44 chapters covering the full spectrum of problems encountered in head and neck surgery. Part I provides an overview of management of head and neck tumors. Part II discusses fundamentals of reconstruction with chapters on microsurgical technique, choosing recipient vessels, preoperative workup, and postoperative management. Part III describes commonly used flaps with detailed illustrative step-by-step descriptions of operative technique. Part IV focuses on reconstruction for each head and neck region with helpful dialogue boxes summarizing key points. Part V, Rehabilitation, contains chapters on osseointegration and facial prosthetics, whereas Part VI deals with refinements and complications, and Part VII, The Future, has chapters on flap prefabrication and composite tissue allotransplantation.
Although this book contains all the detailed information one would expect, what is really appealing is its formatting. This book is designed to be both a comprehensive reference and a quick reference guide. It is packed with clinical pearls and must-know information. Each chapter includes helpful boxes containing chapter summaries, critical points, tips and tricks, pitfalls to avoid, and much more. Even though the emphasis of the book is on microsurgical reconstruction, it also includes information on basic reconstructive principles as well as so
Frequently asked questions
How do I redeem my eBook?
- Once you have successfully completed your eBook purchase on Thieme.com please look in your Order Confirmation e-mail for your unique redemption code. If you have not received your code, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com for assistance.
- Please go to https://www.vitalsource.com and make an account if you do not already have one.
- Once you are logged in, click the Account menu at the top right of the screen. Select Redeem and enter the redemption code in the Code To Redeem box.
- Press Redeem. Once the code has been redeemed your eBook will download and appear in your library.
Can I download e-books directly to mobile phones/tablets (without going through PC/laptop)?
- Click this link to access app downloads for iPhone, Android, Kindle, Mac, PC, and Chromebook: https://www.vitalsource.com/downloads
- Once you have downloaded the Bookshelf app, open the app and log in to your Bookshelf account to access your eBook. Click on “All Titles” in the collection pane to view all the eBooks in your account. Double-click on the title to download the book to your device. Once downloaded, double-click again to open the book.
Can I transfer e-books to other computers?
With an account from Vitalsource, you are able to access your book anywhere once you have logged in to your account at least once.
What is an e-book?
An e-book is an electronic edition of a printed book that is available as a file. The content does not differ from the printed edition of the book. Thieme offers electronic books in PDF and EPUB formats. For both formats, you need software to display the documents on your reading device. This software is not part of the e-book download.
What is the PDF format?
Adobe PDF format (Portable Document Format) is a standard format in MAC/PC area. Free programs for reading a PDF are available for all common operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and for almost all e-book readers such as e-book readers, tablets or smartphones.
What is the EPUB format?
EPUB (electronic publication) is a standard format for e-books that enables dynamic adaptation of the text to the size of the display device. It is particularly well suited for displaying e-books on tablet PCs, smartphones, and e-book readers.
EPUBs can also be easily displayed on MACs/PCs via the free ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) software, for example.
An Internet connection is required only to download the e-book to the reader. Once the download is complete, you can view and read the e-book without an Internet connection.
Are e-books copy-protected?
E-books from Thieme Publishing Group are provided with DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection from Vitalsource
On how many devices can I read the e-book?
You can read an e-book on up to six different (mobile) devices. These devices must be authorized with the same Adobe ID.
Can I exchange/return an e-book?
E-books are products that are not suitable for return due to their nature. Just like downloads of other electronic files (movies, music or software), e-books are excluded from the right of withdrawal. A return or exchange is therefore not possible.
If you have any questions about downloading Bookshelf, creating your account, or accessing and using your eBook edition, please visit http://support.vitalsource.com/