FIVE STARS from Doody's Star Ratings™
This essential guide encompasses the core principles of Manual Lymph Drainage and Complete Decongestive Therapy for a wide range of pathologies across the age continuum. Key elements from the prior edition are incorporated, such as color-coded sections for anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology. Advances in the field are reflected in expanded chapters and efficacy meta-analyses, updates on genetics, refinements in manual compression, and new insights on fat disorders and edema.
Key highlights in fourth edition
- More than 140 new color images, over 30 new tables, and updated ICD-10 codes
- Expanded discussion of lipedema and related conditions such as Dercum's and Madelung's diseases
- Surgical approaches such as vascularized lymph node transfer, anastomosis and bypass techniques, suction assisted protein lipectomy, and combined and staged lymphedema operations
- Wound care options for edema and advanced venous disease
- Integration of conventional therapies and techniques in collaboration with surgeons who perform specialized lymphatic procedures
- Tips and guidance for growing numbers of home care focused practitioners who encounter lymphedema and related edemas in patients
- Management of garments including fit, functionality, and patient independence
- Rare pediatric syndromes and adaption of CDT for children
- Expanded discussion of sequential intermittent pneumatic compression including contraindications and usages in lymphedema management
This is a must-have resource on the diagnosis, treatment, and management of lymphedema and lymphatic insufficiency. Its unique practicality will enable educators to teach techniques and clinicians to adeptly incorporate a wide range of treatment strategies into practice.