Atlas of Neurosurgical Techniques: Spine and Peripheral Nerves
Originally published in 2006, the second edition of this award-winning neurosurgical atlas is written by a notable cadre of world-renowned spine surgeons. Reflecting the enormous depth and breadth of spine surgery, this volume has been completely updated with current, state-of-the-art surgical methodologies and minimally invasive options. Pathologies include degenerative changes, congenital abnormalities, rheumatic diseases, tumors, and trauma.
The authors have divided the book into six consistent sections: occipital-cervical, midcervical spine, cervicothoracic junction, thoracic and thoracolumbar spine, lumbar and lumbosacral spine, and peripheral nerve. Within each section, the opening chapters cover comprehensive discussion of pathology, etiology, and differential diagnosis. Succeeding chapters present step-by-step surgical techniques encompassing anterior, anterolateral, posterior, and posterolateral approaches, separately and in sequence. Minimally invasive techniques and peripheral nerve procedures, including the brachial plexus, lumbosacral plexus, and individual nerves are covered independently, following the same organization.
- Clearly delineated indications, contraindications, advantages, and disadvantages provided for each surgery
- Operations with same opening and closing technique covered just once, thereby minimizing redundancy
- Beautifully illustrated with more than 1,000 images
- Video compendium created by master surgeons provides up-close guidance on a wide array of surgical procedures
- Ideal for both the busy practitioner seeking review and resident looking for robust study materials
This book is an incomparable learning tool for residents, who will likely read it several times during the course of residency. A precisely edited, didactic atlas, neurosurgeons and orthopaedic surgeons will also find it an invaluable resource.
Frequently asked questions
How do I redeem my eBook?
- Once you have successfully completed your eBook purchase on Thieme.com please look in your Order Confirmation e-mail for your unique redemption code. If you have not received your code, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com for assistance.
- Please go to https://www.vitalsource.com and make an account if you do not already have one.
- Once you are logged in, click the Account menu at the top right of the screen. Select Redeem and enter the redemption code in the Code To Redeem box.
- Press Redeem. Once the code has been redeemed your eBook will download and appear in your library.
Can I download e-books directly to mobile phones/tablets (without going through PC/laptop)?
- Click this link to access app downloads for iPhone, Android, Kindle, Mac, PC, and Chromebook: https://www.vitalsource.com/downloads
- Once you have downloaded the Bookshelf app, open the app and log in to your Bookshelf account to access your eBook. Click on “All Titles” in the collection pane to view all the eBooks in your account. Double-click on the title to download the book to your device. Once downloaded, double-click again to open the book.
Can I transfer e-books to other computers?
With an account from Vitalsource, you are able to access your book anywhere once you have logged in to your account at least once.
What is an e-book?
An e-book is an electronic edition of a printed book that is available as a file. The content does not differ from the printed edition of the book. Thieme offers electronic books in PDF and EPUB formats. For both formats, you need software to display the documents on your reading device. This software is not part of the e-book download.
What is the PDF format?
Adobe PDF format (Portable Document Format) is a standard format in MAC/PC area. Free programs for reading a PDF are available for all common operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and for almost all e-book readers such as e-book readers, tablets or smartphones.
What is the EPUB format?
EPUB (electronic publication) is a standard format for e-books that enables dynamic adaptation of the text to the size of the display device. It is particularly well suited for displaying e-books on tablet PCs, smartphones, and e-book readers.
EPUBs can also be easily displayed on MACs/PCs via the free ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) software, for example.
An Internet connection is required only to download the e-book to the reader. Once the download is complete, you can view and read the e-book without an Internet connection.
Are e-books copy-protected?
E-books from Thieme Publishing Group are provided with DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection from Vitalsource
On how many devices can I read the e-book?
You can read an e-book on up to six different (mobile) devices. These devices must be authorized with the same Adobe ID.
Can I exchange/return an e-book?
E-books are products that are not suitable for return due to their nature. Just like downloads of other electronic files (movies, music or software), e-books are excluded from the right of withdrawal. A return or exchange is therefore not possible.
If you have any questions about downloading Bookshelf, creating your account, or accessing and using your eBook edition, please visit http://support.vitalsource.com/