A state-of-the-art, reader-friendly reference on hand arthroplasty from renowned global experts
Recent research suggests the lifetime risk of hand arthritis may be greater than 40%. Concurrently, advances in small joint arthroplasty have greatly improved treatment and outcomes in patients with trauma, arthritis, stiffness, and instability of joints in the hand and wrist. Arthroplasty in Hand Surgery: FESSH Instructional Course Book 2020 provides in-depth coverage of the surgical reconstruction or replacement of these joints. Edited by renowned hand surgeons Stephan Schindele, Grey Giddins, and Philippe Bellemère, this unique resource features contributions from an international who's who of experts.
Organized in five sections and 35 chapters, the generously illustrated book encompasses a full spectrum of state-of-the-art arthroscopy techniques. Section one starts with discussions of the anatomy, biomechanics, and mode of action of the finger and thumb joints and concludes with an intriguing history of hand arthroplasty. Sections two through five cover the latest arthroplasty procedures to treat impaired joints of the fingers including proximal interphalangeal and distal interphalangeal, thumb, wrist, and distal radioulnar, respectively. These chapters include an introduction, indication and contraindication, author pearls and results, published outcomes, postsurgical care, and a wealth of photos.
- Insightful data from the Norwegian Arthroplasty Register from 1994 to 2018, including procedural statistics (e.g., demographics and survival rates), revision risk factors, and more
- In-depth technical discussion of materials used in arthroplasty, including inherent characteristics, strengths, and weaknesses
- Consistent, reader-friendly section layout starts with a systematic review, followed by succinct and uniformly organized procedure-specific chapters
This highly practical resource is ideal for the classroom, symposiums, and review of procedural details prior to performing hand surgery. As such, it is essential reading for trainee and practicing orthopaedic surgeons and hand specialists.
This book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.
Frequently asked questions
How do I redeem my eBook?
- Once you have successfully completed your eBook purchase on Thieme.com please look in your Order Confirmation e-mail for your unique redemption code. If you have not received your code, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Please go to https://www.vitalsource.com and make an account if you do not already have one.
- Once you are logged in, click the Account menu at the top right of the screen. Select Redeem and enter the redemption code in the Code To Redeem box.
- Press Redeem. Once the code has been redeemed your eBook will download and appear in your library.
Can I download e-books directly to mobile phones/tablets (without going through PC/laptop)?
- Click this link to access app downloads for iPhone, Android, Kindle, Mac, PC, and Chromebook: https://www.vitalsource.com/downloads
- Once you have downloaded the Bookshelf app, open the app and log in to your Bookshelf account to access your eBook. Click on “All Titles” in the collection pane to view all the eBooks in your account. Double-click on the title to download the book to your device. Once downloaded, double-click again to open the book.
Can I transfer e-books to other computers?
With an account from Vitalsource, you are able to access your book anywhere once you have logged in to your account at least once.
What is an e-book?
An e-book is an electronic edition of a printed book that is available as a file. The content does not differ from the printed edition of the book. Thieme offers electronic books in PDF and EPUB formats. For both formats, you need software to display the documents on your reading device. This software is not part of the e-book download.
What is the PDF format?
Adobe PDF format (Portable Document Format) is a standard format in MAC/PC area. Free programs for reading a PDF are available for all common operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and for almost all e-book readers such as e-book readers, tablets or smartphones.
What is the EPUB format?
EPUB (electronic publication) is a standard format for e-books that enables dynamic adaptation of the text to the size of the display device. It is particularly well suited for displaying e-books on tablet PCs, smartphones, and e-book readers.
EPUBs can also be easily displayed on MACs/PCs via the free ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) software, for example.
An Internet connection is required only to download the e-book to the reader. Once the download is complete, you can view and read the e-book without an Internet connection.
Are e-books copy-protected?
E-books from Thieme Publishing Group are provided with DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection from Vitalsource
On how many devices can I read the e-book?
You can read an e-book on up to six different (mobile) devices. These devices must be authorized with the same Adobe ID.
Can I exchange/return an e-book?
E-books are products that are not suitable for return due to their nature. Just like downloads of other electronic files (movies, music or software), e-books are excluded from the right of withdrawal. A return or exchange is therefore not possible.
If you have any questions about downloading Bookshelf, creating your account, or accessing and using your eBook edition, please visit http://support.vitalsource.com/