The go-to guide on safely performing state-of-the-art neuroendovascular procedures from top experts!
Unlike traditional textbooks that detail natural history, physiology, and morphology, Video Atlas of Neuroendovascular Procedures presents basic and complex neuroendovascular procedures and cases with concise text and videos. Renowned neuroendovascular surgeons Leonardo Rangel-Castilla, Adnan Siddiqui, Elad Levy, and an impressive group of contributors have compiled the quintessential neuroendovascular resource. Organized into eight major subtopic sections, this superb video atlas covers a full spectrum of endovascular approaches to diagnose and treat intra- and extracranial neurovascular disease.
The book starts with a section on vascular access and concludes with endovascular complications and management. Forty chapters includes succinct summaries, scientific procedural evidence, the rationale for endovascular intervention, anatomy, required medications, device selection, avoiding complications, and managing potential problems that can arise during procedures. The image-rich clinical cases feature insightful firsthand knowledge and pearls.
- More than 1,000 relevant, high quality neuroimaging findings and artist illustrations enhance understanding of impacted anatomy and approaches
- Specific techniques and key steps are brought to life through more than 140 outstanding videos narrated by highly experienced endovascular neurosurgeons — conveniently accessible via smart phones or tablets using QR technology
- Essential diagnostic procedures such as cerebral and spinal angiography, cerebral venogram, and balloon test occlusion
- Complex neuroendovascular procedures including various angioplasty and stenting approaches for extracranial vessel disease, carotid and vertebral arteries, and venus sinus; thrombectomy procedures to treat acute ischemic stroke; and coiling, flow diversion, and embolization techniques for intracranial aneurysms, brain/spinal AVMs and fistulas, and select CNS and extracranial tumors
The content-rich reference is a must-have for all resident and veteran neurosurgeons, interventional radiologists, and neurologists. Learn to safely perform a wide array of cutting-edge neuroendovascular procedures — from access to closure — and achieve improved outcomes for your patients.
This book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.
Frequently asked questions
How do I redeem my eBook?
- Once you have successfully completed your eBook purchase on Thieme.com please look in your Order Confirmation e-mail for your unique redemption code. If you have not received your code, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Please go to https://www.vitalsource.com and make an account if you do not already have one.
- Once you are logged in, click the Account menu at the top right of the screen. Select Redeem and enter the redemption code in the Code To Redeem box.
- Press Redeem. Once the code has been redeemed your eBook will download and appear in your library.
Can I download e-books directly to mobile phones/tablets (without going through PC/laptop)?
- Click this link to access app downloads for iPhone, Android, Kindle, Mac, PC, and Chromebook: https://www.vitalsource.com/downloads
- Once you have downloaded the Bookshelf app, open the app and log in to your Bookshelf account to access your eBook. Click on “All Titles” in the collection pane to view all the eBooks in your account. Double-click on the title to download the book to your device. Once downloaded, double-click again to open the book.
Can I transfer e-books to other computers?
With an account from Vitalsource, you are able to access your book anywhere once you have logged in to your account at least once.
What is an e-book?
An e-book is an electronic edition of a printed book that is available as a file. The content does not differ from the printed edition of the book. Thieme offers electronic books in PDF and EPUB formats. For both formats, you need software to display the documents on your reading device. This software is not part of the e-book download.
What is the PDF format?
Adobe PDF format (Portable Document Format) is a standard format in MAC/PC area. Free programs for reading a PDF are available for all common operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and for almost all e-book readers such as e-book readers, tablets or smartphones.
What is the EPUB format?
EPUB (electronic publication) is a standard format for e-books that enables dynamic adaptation of the text to the size of the display device. It is particularly well suited for displaying e-books on tablet PCs, smartphones, and e-book readers.
EPUBs can also be easily displayed on MACs/PCs via the free ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) software, for example.
An Internet connection is required only to download the e-book to the reader. Once the download is complete, you can view and read the e-book without an Internet connection.
Are e-books copy-protected?
E-books from Thieme Publishing Group are provided with DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection from Vitalsource
On how many devices can I read the e-book?
You can read an e-book on up to six different (mobile) devices. These devices must be authorized with the same Adobe ID.
Can I exchange/return an e-book?
E-books are products that are not suitable for return due to their nature. Just like downloads of other electronic files (movies, music or software), e-books are excluded from the right of withdrawal. A return or exchange is therefore not possible.
If you have any questions about downloading Bookshelf, creating your account, or accessing and using your eBook edition, please visit http://support.vitalsource.com/