Time and Life Management for Medical Students and Residents
- Edition: 1 2017
- Details: 76 pages, 26 ill., Paperback (Perfect Binding)
- ISBN: 9783132412798
- Media Type: Book
- Language of text: English
Product information Time and Life Management for Medical Students and Residents
Sink or swim? Maintaining your composure and self-confidence during the residency
As grueling as medical studies and training are, with appropriate discipline and time management it is possible to stay afloat, maintain one's sanity, achieve one's goals, and still enjoy a fulfilling life. It is the purpose of this book to stimulate thought processes that nurture a healthy attitude toward organizing one's time and life so as to improve one's own quality of life as well as the patient's well-being.
- The macro-perspective: goals, roles, regeneration
- The micro-perspective: from goal to action
- Planning your week
- Acute disaster management: three major points
- Anxiety management and the "power of now"
- Networking; finding and working with mentors; reevaluating; learning from errors
Junior residents and interns will benefit greatly from this handy guide, as will medical students in their rotations.