"This book will be a valuable resource for novice surgeons approaching one of the most challenging anatomical subsites, since it provides a stepwise approach to understanding the anatomical background, the radiological aspects, and the broad spectrum of different surgical approaches to the frontal sinuses.The authors are to be congratulated for this masterpiece, which will become the gold standard for experts and beginners." —Paolo Castelnuovo
Edited by renowned rhinologists and skull base surgeons Christos Georgalas and Anshul Sama, this complete guide to frontal sinus surgery covers surgical anatomy and radiology, frontal-specific pathology, surgical techniques, technical advancements, and controversies. It focuses on those starting surgical practice and it is also of interest to well-established surgeons.
This book brings together some of the leading surgeons across the globe to provide varied and complementary perspectives. The content is organized in five sections: surgical anatomy, specific conditions of the frontal sinus, open surgical approaches, endoscopic surgical approaches, and controversies.
- More than 600 full-color images and diagrams illustrating surgical concepts and demonstrating detailed techniques
- Stepwise descriptions of surgical techniques with a "tips and tricks" section in each chapter drawn from the authors' experience
- Clinical case presentations in each chapter illustrating key concepts and techniques
- A truly global and balanced perpective with world-leading authors from all continents
- Controversial topics analyzed from evidence-based medicine (EBM) perspective
This is a must-have resource for otolaryngology–head and neck surgery residents, fellows, and specialists that may also benefit neurosurgeons, maxillofacial surgeons, plastic surgeons, and other clinicians who deal with this challenging and complex area.
This book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.
Frequently asked questions
How do I redeem my eBook?
- Once you have successfully completed your eBook purchase on Thieme.com please look in your Order Confirmation e-mail for your unique redemption code. If you have not received your code, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com for assistance.
- Please go to https://www.vitalsource.com and make an account if you do not already have one.
- Once you are logged in, click the Account menu at the top right of the screen. Select Redeem and enter the redemption code in the Code To Redeem box.
- Press Redeem. Once the code has been redeemed your eBook will download and appear in your library.
Can I download e-books directly to mobile phones/tablets (without going through PC/laptop)?
- Click this link to access app downloads for iPhone, Android, Kindle, Mac, PC, and Chromebook: https://www.vitalsource.com/downloads
- Once you have downloaded the Bookshelf app, open the app and log in to your Bookshelf account to access your eBook. Click on “All Titles” in the collection pane to view all the eBooks in your account. Double-click on the title to download the book to your device. Once downloaded, double-click again to open the book.
Can I transfer e-books to other computers?
With an account from Vitalsource, you are able to access your book anywhere once you have logged in to your account at least once.
What is an e-book?
An e-book is an electronic edition of a printed book that is available as a file. The content does not differ from the printed edition of the book. Thieme offers electronic books in PDF and EPUB formats. For both formats, you need software to display the documents on your reading device. This software is not part of the e-book download.
What is the PDF format?
Adobe PDF format (Portable Document Format) is a standard format in MAC/PC area. Free programs for reading a PDF are available for all common operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and for almost all e-book readers such as e-book readers, tablets or smartphones.
What is the EPUB format?
EPUB (electronic publication) is a standard format for e-books that enables dynamic adaptation of the text to the size of the display device. It is particularly well suited for displaying e-books on tablet PCs, smartphones, and e-book readers.
EPUBs can also be easily displayed on MACs/PCs via the free ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) software, for example.
An Internet connection is required only to download the e-book to the reader. Once the download is complete, you can view and read the e-book without an Internet connection.
Are e-books copy-protected?
E-books from Thieme Publishing Group are provided with DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection from Vitalsource
On how many devices can I read the e-book?
You can read an e-book on up to six different (mobile) devices. These devices must be authorized with the same Adobe ID.
Can I exchange/return an e-book?
E-books are products that are not suitable for return due to their nature. Just like downloads of other electronic files (movies, music or software), e-books are excluded from the right of withdrawal. A return or exchange is therefore not possible.
If you have any questions about downloading Bookshelf, creating your account, or accessing and using your eBook edition, please visit http://support.vitalsource.com/