Textbook of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgery is a comprehensive and illustrated work for students, teachers, and practicing plastic surgeons. It is a six-volume set with division of volumes based on the clinical needs of plastic surgeons across the globe. Along with the recent advances in the field of Plastic Surgery, these volumes incorporate landmark contributions,innovations, and techniques used by Indian clinicians, who regularly deal with large number of patients, with unique and complicated conditions. While majority of authors have been chosen from the Indian subcontinent, a few international authors,whose work is considered indispensable for understanding the subject, have also been included.
The six volumes seek to incorporate in one work issues relevant to the developing world as well as insights from national and international plastic surgery practices, which highlight newer management techniques along with traditional methods. This makes these volumes a “must have” resource for students and practitioners of plastic surgery across the globe.
This volume covers the topic of ‘burns’ in a very extensive manner. Treatment of burns form a predominant part of plastic and reconstructive surgery practices across the world, especially in low- and middle-income countries. This is an exclusive volume on burns that is often a man-made disaster, avoidable to a large extent, and can be managed effectively with newer management techniques. The authors chosen for this volume are highly experienced and masters in their respective fields. The clinical images provided in the book gives an insight of their clinical expertise. In addition, attempts have been made to incorporate the recent literature in every chapter. Each chapter of the volume is a must read for general, plastic, and pediatric surgeons, as well as critical care specialists managing burns.
- Covers the latest technological development, including the role of smartphones, YouTube, and websites, in the management of burns.
- Information is presented in a reader-friendly format and is accompanied by tables, flowcharts, algorithms, boxes, and figures for easy understanding.
- Answers important questions asked in various examinations.
- Covers important topics like information technology in burn management, cosmetology, medicolegal considerations, and special situations.
Frequently asked questions
How do I redeem my eBook?
- Once you have successfully completed your eBook purchase on Thieme.com please look in your Order Confirmation e-mail for your unique redemption code. If you have not received your code, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Please go to https://www.vitalsource.com and make an account if you do not already have one.
- Once you are logged in, click the Account menu at the top right of the screen. Select Redeem and enter the redemption code in the Code To Redeem box.
- Press Redeem. Once the code has been redeemed your eBook will download and appear in your library.
Can I download e-books directly to mobile phones/tablets (without going through PC/laptop)?
- Click this link to access app downloads for iPhone, Android, Kindle, Mac, PC, and Chromebook: https://www.vitalsource.com/downloads
- Once you have downloaded the Bookshelf app, open the app and log in to your Bookshelf account to access your eBook. Click on “All Titles” in the collection pane to view all the eBooks in your account. Double-click on the title to download the book to your device. Once downloaded, double-click again to open the book.
Can I transfer e-books to other computers?
With an account from Vitalsource, you are able to access your book anywhere once you have logged in to your account at least once.
What is an e-book?
An e-book is an electronic edition of a printed book that is available as a file. The content does not differ from the printed edition of the book. Thieme offers electronic books in PDF and EPUB formats. For both formats, you need software to display the documents on your reading device. This software is not part of the e-book download.
What is the PDF format?
Adobe PDF format (Portable Document Format) is a standard format in MAC/PC area. Free programs for reading a PDF are available for all common operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and for almost all e-book readers such as e-book readers, tablets or smartphones.
What is the EPUB format?
EPUB (electronic publication) is a standard format for e-books that enables dynamic adaptation of the text to the size of the display device. It is particularly well suited for displaying e-books on tablet PCs, smartphones, and e-book readers.
EPUBs can also be easily displayed on MACs/PCs via the free ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) software, for example.
An Internet connection is required only to download the e-book to the reader. Once the download is complete, you can view and read the e-book without an Internet connection.
Are e-books copy-protected?
E-books from Thieme Publishing Group are provided with DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection from Vitalsource
On how many devices can I read the e-book?
You can read an e-book on up to six different (mobile) devices. These devices must be authorized with the same Adobe ID.
Can I exchange/return an e-book?
E-books are products that are not suitable for return due to their nature. Just like downloads of other electronic files (movies, music or software), e-books are excluded from the right of withdrawal. A return or exchange is therefore not possible.
If you have any questions about downloading Bookshelf, creating your account, or accessing and using your eBook edition, please visit http://support.vitalsource.com/