Textbook of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgery, Vol 4
Reconstruction of Trunk, Genitalia, Lower Limb, and Maxillofacial Trauma
- Edition: 1 2020
- Details: 808 pages, 845 ill., Hardback (Thread Stitching)
- ISBN: 9789388257718
- Media Type: Book
- Language of text: English
Textbook of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgery is a comprehensive and illustrated work for students, teachers, and practicing surgeons. It is a six-volume set with the topics of the volumes based on the clinical needs of plastic surgeons in developing countries. Along with latest developments, these volumes incorporate landmark contributions, innovations, and techniques used by Indian clinicians who regularly deal with unique and complicated conditions. While a majority of authors have been chosen from the Indian subcontinent, a few international authors whose work is considered indispensable for understanding the subject have also been included.
The six volumes seek to incorporate in one work issues relevant to the developing world as well as insights from national and international plastic surgery practices which highlight newer management techniques along with traditional methods. This makes these volumes a “must-have” resource for students and practitioners of plastic surgery across the globe.
This volume on Reconstruction of Trunk, Genitalia, Lower limb, and Maxillofacial Trauma is broadly divided into three sections—trunk and genitalia; lower limb; and maxillofacial trauma. The first section covers the surgical techniques related to the reconstruction of breast, chest abdomen, back, breast anomalies, male and female genitalia, and management of genital deformities, gender dysphoria, and pressure ulcers. The second section covers topics like congenital anomalies, soft tissue and skeletal injury, vascular anomalies, tumors, and rehabilitation of lower limb.
The third section covers all the facets of maxillofacial trauma including approach to cases of maxillofacial soft tissue and skeletal injury. The carefully selected team of authors for this volume are highly experienced in their respective fields. Each topic in this volume is a must read for trainees and practicing plastic surgeons across the globe.
• Attempt has been made to explain the subject with optimum number of clinical images provided by renowned experts from the respective fields.
• Provides historical background of each topic along with recent advances and clinically relevant information.
• Untangles the mysteries of decision making in many areas of trunk, genital and lower limb reconstruction.
• Adequate emphasis is given to the basic sciences relevant to each chapter.
Karoon Agrawal, MS, MCh, is Senior Consultant of Cleft, Hypospadias, and Plastic Surgery at National Heart Institute, New Delhi, India. He was the President of the Association of Plastic Surgeons of India (2016), President of the National Academy of Burns-India (2010), and President of the Indian Society of Cleft Lip Palate and Craniofacial Anomalies (2009). He is currently the Chairperson, Institutional Ethics Committee, National Institute of Pathology, ICMR, New Delhi, India; Member of Board of Studies (Superspeciality), AIIMS, Bhubaneswar, India; and Member of Medical Advisory Board of Smile Train, USA and Smile Train, India. He has more than 150 publications in national and international journals and chapters in edited volumes of repute to his credit.
Ravi K. Mahajan, MS, MCh, is Senior Consultant and Head of Department of Plastic, Reconstructive, Microvascular, and Aesthetic Surgery, Amandeep Hospital, Amritsar, Punjab, India. He is the co-ordinator of DNB Plastic Surgery and Project Director, Smile Train at Amandeep Hospital. Dr Mahajan is currently the President of Indian Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery and Indian Society of Hand Surgery. He is the Past President of Society for Wound Care and Research and North Zone Association of Plastic Surgeons of India.
Frequently asked questions
How do I redeem my eBook?
- Once you have successfully completed your eBook purchase on Thieme.com please look in your Order Confirmation e-mail for your unique redemption code. If you have not received your code, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Please go to https://www.vitalsource.com and make an account if you do not already have one.
- Once you are logged in, click the Account menu at the top right of the screen. Select Redeem and enter the redemption code in the Code To Redeem box.
- Press Redeem. Once the code has been redeemed your eBook will download and appear in your library.
Can I download e-books directly to mobile phones/tablets (without going through PC/laptop)?
- Click this link to access app downloads for iPhone, Android, Kindle, Mac, PC, and Chromebook: https://www.vitalsource.com/downloads
- Once you have downloaded the Bookshelf app, open the app and log in to your Bookshelf account to access your eBook. Click on “All Titles” in the collection pane to view all the eBooks in your account. Double-click on the title to download the book to your device. Once downloaded, double-click again to open the book.
Can I transfer e-books to other computers?
With an account from Vitalsource, you are able to access your book anywhere once you have logged in to your account at least once.
What is an e-book?
An e-book is an electronic edition of a printed book that is available as a file. The content does not differ from the printed edition of the book. Thieme offers electronic books in PDF and EPUB formats. For both formats, you need software to display the documents on your reading device. This software is not part of the e-book download.
What is the PDF format?
Adobe PDF format (Portable Document Format) is a standard format in MAC/PC area. Free programs for reading a PDF are available for all common operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and for almost all e-book readers such as e-book readers, tablets or smartphones.
What is the EPUB format?
EPUB (electronic publication) is a standard format for e-books that enables dynamic adaptation of the text to the size of the display device. It is particularly well suited for displaying e-books on tablet PCs, smartphones, and e-book readers.
EPUBs can also be easily displayed on MACs/PCs via the free ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) software, for example.
An Internet connection is required only to download the e-book to the reader. Once the download is complete, you can view and read the e-book without an Internet connection.
Are e-books copy-protected?
E-books from Thieme Publishing Group are provided with DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection from Vitalsource
On how many devices can I read the e-book?
You can read an e-book on up to six different (mobile) devices. These devices must be authorized with the same Adobe ID.
Can I exchange/return an e-book?
E-books are products that are not suitable for return due to their nature. Just like downloads of other electronic files (movies, music or software), e-books are excluded from the right of withdrawal. A return or exchange is therefore not possible.
If you have any questions about downloading Bookshelf, creating your account, or accessing and using your eBook edition, please visit http://support.vitalsource.com/