An update to the Indian otolaryngology curriculum has necessitated changes in the way students interact with, understand, and progress thinking in the subject. Changes in the field of otorhinolaryngology over the last three decades have seen newer concepts and technologies being incorporated. Textbook of Otorhinolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery: A Competency-Based Approach for Undergraduates discusses these contextual changes, covering the new curriculum in stimulating and easily accessible ways.
The book features 80 chapters by more than 56 authors from over 31 medical colleges and universities discussing questions and realities from classrooms and clinics. This has been done through lucid language supplemented by diagrams and clinical pictures developed to deepen the understanding.
There are accompanying videos, explaining key techniques to give readers a feel for ear, nose, and throat (ENT) procedures. Case-based questions, drawn from collective clinical expertise, confront students with real-world scenarios and the challenges of clinical practice. A section on “Clinical Pearls”—interesting clinical facts—has also been drafted to broaden the perspective and prompt further thinking.
This book is an essential reading for undergraduate students looking for clear, basic concepts. Clinicians will also find this book beneficial in brushing up on present-day thinking on the subject.
- Photographs and videos of various clinical conditions for better visual understanding
- Pearls emphasizing important clinical aspects
- Points to ponder providing an overall summary of the chapter
- Questions with answers at the end of each chapter for correlation
This print book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Frequently asked questions
How do I redeem my eBook?
- Once you have successfully completed your eBook purchase on Thieme.com please look in your Order Confirmation e-mail for your unique redemption code. If you have not received your code, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Please go to https://www.vitalsource.com and make an account if you do not already have one.
- Once you are logged in, click the Account menu at the top right of the screen. Select Redeem and enter the redemption code in the Code To Redeem box.
- Press Redeem. Once the code has been redeemed your eBook will download and appear in your library.
Can I download e-books directly to mobile phones/tablets (without going through PC/laptop)?
- Click this link to access app downloads for iPhone, Android, Kindle, Mac, PC, and Chromebook: https://www.vitalsource.com/downloads
- Once you have downloaded the Bookshelf app, open the app and log in to your Bookshelf account to access your eBook. Click on “All Titles” in the collection pane to view all the eBooks in your account. Double-click on the title to download the book to your device. Once downloaded, double-click again to open the book.
Can I transfer e-books to other computers?
With an account from Vitalsource, you are able to access your book anywhere once you have logged in to your account at least once.
What is an e-book?
An e-book is an electronic edition of a printed book that is available as a file. The content does not differ from the printed edition of the book. Thieme offers electronic books in PDF and EPUB formats. For both formats, you need software to display the documents on your reading device. This software is not part of the e-book download.
What is the PDF format?
Adobe PDF format (Portable Document Format) is a standard format in MAC/PC area. Free programs for reading a PDF are available for all common operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and for almost all e-book readers such as e-book readers, tablets or smartphones.
What is the EPUB format?
EPUB (electronic publication) is a standard format for e-books that enables dynamic adaptation of the text to the size of the display device. It is particularly well suited for displaying e-books on tablet PCs, smartphones, and e-book readers.
EPUBs can also be easily displayed on MACs/PCs via the free ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) software, for example.
An Internet connection is required only to download the e-book to the reader. Once the download is complete, you can view and read the e-book without an Internet connection.
Are e-books copy-protected?
E-books from Thieme Publishing Group are provided with DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection from Vitalsource
On how many devices can I read the e-book?
You can read an e-book on up to six different (mobile) devices. These devices must be authorized with the same Adobe ID.
Can I exchange/return an e-book?
E-books are products that are not suitable for return due to their nature. Just like downloads of other electronic files (movies, music or software), e-books are excluded from the right of withdrawal. A return or exchange is therefore not possible.
If you have any questions about downloading Bookshelf, creating your account, or accessing and using your eBook edition, please visit http://support.vitalsource.com/