The definitive authoritative textbook on spinal deformities from the Scoliosis Research Society
Spinal Deformities: The Comprehensive Text, Second Edition, edited by renowned spinal deformity surgeons Christopher J. DeWald and his father Ronald L. DeWald, is a long-awaited, authoritative, one-stop resource that covers the breadth and depth of this specialized field. The first edition textbook edited by Ronald DeWald attempted to help formulate a Scoliosis Research Society (SRS) core curriculum for spinal deformity to meet the educational needs of both aspiring and seasoned spine deformity surgeons. This second edition edited by father and son expands and reorganizes the core curriculum concept. Since the publication of the first edition in 2003, significant advancements have been made in this field. This book reflects greater understanding of the mechanics of correction, new implants and techniques that improve three-dimensional correction, emergence of innovative growing constructs for early-onset scoliosis, and introduction of minimally invasive and nonfusion approaches.
The textbook features 81 chapters organized into six comprehensive sections: Spinal Anatomy and Evaluation, Spinal Pathologies, Pediatric and Adolescent Spinal Deformity, Adult Spinal Deformity, Spondylolisthesis, and Surgical Considerations and Complications. From perioperative management to intraoperative neuromonitoring techniques, the authors share strategies to enhance patient safety and optimize surgical outcomes. Greatly expanded content covers anatomy, etiologies, pediatric and adult deformities, surgical and nonsurgical treatments, and potential pitfalls.
- Sponsored by the SRS, with 100% of contributions from members, including senior surgeons
- Step-by-step instructions on diagnosis, surgical planning, operating room setup, intraoperative techniques, and management of complex complications
- Forty videos covering major techniques enhance understanding of surgical procedures and facilitate acquisition of practical skills
This comprehensive reference and practical guide is essential reading for all spine deformity surgeons, from residents and fellows to more advanced practitioners.
This print book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or ac
Frequently asked questions
How do I redeem my eBook?
- Once you have successfully completed your eBook purchase on Thieme.com please look in your Order Confirmation e-mail for your unique redemption code. If you have not received your code, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Please go to https://www.vitalsource.com and make an account if you do not already have one.
- Once you are logged in, click the Account menu at the top right of the screen. Select Redeem and enter the redemption code in the Code To Redeem box.
- Press Redeem. Once the code has been redeemed your eBook will download and appear in your library.
Can I download e-books directly to mobile phones/tablets (without going through PC/laptop)?
- Click this link to access app downloads for iPhone, Android, Kindle, Mac, PC, and Chromebook: https://www.vitalsource.com/downloads
- Once you have downloaded the Bookshelf app, open the app and log in to your Bookshelf account to access your eBook. Click on “All Titles” in the collection pane to view all the eBooks in your account. Double-click on the title to download the book to your device. Once downloaded, double-click again to open the book.
Can I transfer e-books to other computers?
With an account from Vitalsource, you are able to access your book anywhere once you have logged in to your account at least once.
What is an e-book?
An e-book is an electronic edition of a printed book that is available as a file. The content does not differ from the printed edition of the book. Thieme offers electronic books in PDF and EPUB formats. For both formats, you need software to display the documents on your reading device. This software is not part of the e-book download.
What is the PDF format?
Adobe PDF format (Portable Document Format) is a standard format in MAC/PC area. Free programs for reading a PDF are available for all common operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and for almost all e-book readers such as e-book readers, tablets or smartphones.
What is the EPUB format?
EPUB (electronic publication) is a standard format for e-books that enables dynamic adaptation of the text to the size of the display device. It is particularly well suited for displaying e-books on tablet PCs, smartphones, and e-book readers.
EPUBs can also be easily displayed on MACs/PCs via the free ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) software, for example.
An Internet connection is required only to download the e-book to the reader. Once the download is complete, you can view and read the e-book without an Internet connection.
Are e-books copy-protected?
E-books from Thieme Publishing Group are provided with DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection from Vitalsource
On how many devices can I read the e-book?
You can read an e-book on up to six different (mobile) devices. These devices must be authorized with the same Adobe ID.
Can I exchange/return an e-book?
E-books are products that are not suitable for return due to their nature. Just like downloads of other electronic files (movies, music or software), e-books are excluded from the right of withdrawal. A return or exchange is therefore not possible.
If you have any questions about downloading Bookshelf, creating your account, or accessing and using your eBook edition, please visit http://support.vitalsource.com/