The premier guide to Shonishin — Japanese Pediatric Acupuncture — now in a new edition
Now in an expanded new edition, this user-friendly manual remains the foremost instructional reference for the application of Shonishin, or Japanese pediatric acupuncture. The book addresses the unique and often changing circumstances involved in the treatment of infants and children. It focuses on the crucial factors of patient comfort and dosage regulation throughout treatment by gently and painlessly pressing, tapping, scratching, rubbing, and stroking the skin without penetrating it. Stephen Birch, the world's leading authority in Japanese acupuncture and Shonishin, provides valuable clinical guidance and hands-on advice that can be easily integrated into everyday practice.
The book begins by presenting the underlying principles and treatment tools used in Shonishin, and then goes on to cover root and symptomatic approaches and techniques, followed by details on how to manage a wide range of specific problems and diseases. More than 75 case histories from around the world present various treatment ideas, methods, and results for the featured condition.
- More than 25 new clinical cases (over 75 cases total) offer useful insights and suggestions for daily practice
- New information on using Shonishin to treat headaches and emotional problems; combining Shonishin with other treatments, such as Bach flowers and Chinese herbal medicine; and using the techniques of Shonishin and the Meridian Therapy root treatment
- Coverage of Shonishin for the management of a broad spectrum of illnesses and diseases, including respiratory and digestive ailments, ear infections, allergies, sleep problems, and many more
- Exercises throughout the book help readers improve their skill and check their technique
- More than 150 precise illustrations complement and further clarify the text
Frequently asked questions
How do I redeem my eBook?
- Once you have successfully completed your eBook purchase on Thieme.com please look in your Order Confirmation e-mail for your unique redemption code. If you have not received your code, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com for assistance.
- Please go to https://www.vitalsource.com and make an account if you do not already have one.
- Once you are logged in, click the Account menu at the top right of the screen. Select Redeem and enter the redemption code in the Code To Redeem box.
- Press Redeem. Once the code has been redeemed your eBook will download and appear in your library.
Can I download e-books directly to mobile phones/tablets (without going through PC/laptop)?
- Click this link to access app downloads for iPhone, Android, Kindle, Mac, PC, and Chromebook: https://www.vitalsource.com/downloads
- Once you have downloaded the Bookshelf app, open the app and log in to your Bookshelf account to access your eBook. Click on “All Titles” in the collection pane to view all the eBooks in your account. Double-click on the title to download the book to your device. Once downloaded, double-click again to open the book.
Can I transfer e-books to other computers?
With an account from Vitalsource, you are able to access your book anywhere once you have logged in to your account at least once.
What is an e-book?
An e-book is an electronic edition of a printed book that is available as a file. The content does not differ from the printed edition of the book. Thieme offers electronic books in PDF and EPUB formats. For both formats, you need software to display the documents on your reading device. This software is not part of the e-book download.
What is the PDF format?
Adobe PDF format (Portable Document Format) is a standard format in MAC/PC area. Free programs for reading a PDF are available for all common operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and for almost all e-book readers such as e-book readers, tablets or smartphones.
What is the EPUB format?
EPUB (electronic publication) is a standard format for e-books that enables dynamic adaptation of the text to the size of the display device. It is particularly well suited for displaying e-books on tablet PCs, smartphones, and e-book readers.
EPUBs can also be easily displayed on MACs/PCs via the free ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) software, for example.
An Internet connection is required only to download the e-book to the reader. Once the download is complete, you can view and read the e-book without an Internet connection.
Are e-books copy-protected?
E-books from Thieme Publishing Group are provided with DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection from Vitalsource
On how many devices can I read the e-book?
You can read an e-book on up to six different (mobile) devices. These devices must be authorized with the same Adobe ID.
Can I exchange/return an e-book?
E-books are products that are not suitable for return due to their nature. Just like downloads of other electronic files (movies, music or software), e-books are excluded from the right of withdrawal. A return or exchange is therefore not possible.
If you have any questions about downloading Bookshelf, creating your account, or accessing and using your eBook edition, please visit http://support.vitalsource.com/