Shonishin: Japanese Pediatric Acupuncture
A Text and Video Guide
- Edition: 2 2016
- Details: 360 pages, 168 ill., Hardback (Thread Stitching)
- ISBN: 9783131500625
- Media Type: Book
- Language of text: English
The premier guide to Shonishin — Japanese Pediatric Acupuncture — now in a new edition
Now in an expanded new edition, this user-friendly manual remains the foremost instructional reference for the application of Shonishin, or Japanese pediatric acupuncture. The book addresses the unique and often changing circumstances involved in the treatment of infants and children. It focuses on the crucial factors of patient comfort and dosage regulation throughout treatment by gently and painlessly pressing, tapping, scratching, rubbing, and stroking the skin without penetrating it. Stephen Birch, the world's leading authority in Japanese acupuncture and Shonishin, provides valuable clinical guidance and hands-on advice that can be easily integrated into everyday practice.
The book begins by presenting the underlying principles and treatment tools used in Shonishin, and then goes on to cover root and symptomatic approaches and techniques, followed by details on how to manage a wide range of specific problems and diseases. More than 75 case histories from around the world present various treatment ideas, methods, and results for the featured condition.
- More than 25 new clinical cases (over 75 cases total) offer useful insights and suggestions for daily practice
- New information on using Shonishin to treat headaches and emotional problems; combining Shonishin with other treatments, such as Bach flowers and Chinese herbal medicine; and using the techniques of Shonishin and the Meridian Therapy root treatment
- Coverage of Shonishin for the management of a broad spectrum of illnesses and diseases, including respiratory and digestive ailments, ear infections, allergies, sleep problems, and many more
- Exercises throughout the book help readers improve their skill and check their technique
- More than 150 precise illustrations complement and further clarify the text