This compact, richly illustrated text presents a uniquely visual representation of the procedures interventionalists need to master to perform peripheral vascular interventions successfully. Written and illustrated by a skilled practitioner with many years of hands-on clinical experience, it shares his knowledge, advice, and techniques, giving readers the sense of sitting side-by-side with him at the angiography table.
- More than 570 instructive, fully labeled schematic drawings showing the sequence of steps in common peripheral vascular interventions (excluding the vessels of the heart)
- Covers the physiologic, anatomic, and technical fundamentals of procedures undertaken in the abdomen and lower and upper extremities
- Includes detailed information on materials (e.g., stents, guidewires, cannulas, sheaths, and balloon and angiography catheters) and methods (e.g., retrograde and antegrade catheterization of the femoral artery, crossover catheterization, venous access, angiography, stent placement, local thrombolysis, and much more)
- Focuses on procedures chosen for their clinical relevance and frequency of occurrence in everyday practice
- Shares the author's wealth of clinical experience in time-saving tips, tricks, warning signs, risks, complications, and hazards to avoid
Especially for the beginning interventional radiologist, but also for the more experienced practitioner who wants to optimize procedures, this book provides he didactic visual examples and descriptions to perform interventions confidently and successfully. It is an ideal reference and refresher for residents, fellows, and practitioners in radiology and interventional radiology, vascular surgery, and angiology.
Frequently asked questions
How do I redeem my eBook?
- Once you have successfully completed your eBook purchase on Thieme.com please look in your Order Confirmation e-mail for your unique redemption code. If you have not received your code, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com for assistance.
- Please go to https://www.vitalsource.com and make an account if you do not already have one.
- Once you are logged in, click the Account menu at the top right of the screen. Select Redeem and enter the redemption code in the Code To Redeem box.
- Press Redeem. Once the code has been redeemed your eBook will download and appear in your library.
Can I download e-books directly to mobile phones/tablets (without going through PC/laptop)?
- Click this link to access app downloads for iPhone, Android, Kindle, Mac, PC, and Chromebook: https://www.vitalsource.com/downloads
- Once you have downloaded the Bookshelf app, open the app and log in to your Bookshelf account to access your eBook. Click on “All Titles” in the collection pane to view all the eBooks in your account. Double-click on the title to download the book to your device. Once downloaded, double-click again to open the book.
Can I transfer e-books to other computers?
With an account from Vitalsource, you are able to access your book anywhere once you have logged in to your account at least once.
What is an e-book?
An e-book is an electronic edition of a printed book that is available as a file. The content does not differ from the printed edition of the book. Thieme offers electronic books in PDF and EPUB formats. For both formats, you need software to display the documents on your reading device. This software is not part of the e-book download.
What is the PDF format?
Adobe PDF format (Portable Document Format) is a standard format in MAC/PC area. Free programs for reading a PDF are available for all common operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and for almost all e-book readers such as e-book readers, tablets or smartphones.
What is the EPUB format?
EPUB (electronic publication) is a standard format for e-books that enables dynamic adaptation of the text to the size of the display device. It is particularly well suited for displaying e-books on tablet PCs, smartphones, and e-book readers.
EPUBs can also be easily displayed on MACs/PCs via the free ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) software, for example.
An Internet connection is required only to download the e-book to the reader. Once the download is complete, you can view and read the e-book without an Internet connection.
Are e-books copy-protected?
E-books from Thieme Publishing Group are provided with DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection from Vitalsource
On how many devices can I read the e-book?
You can read an e-book on up to six different (mobile) devices. These devices must be authorized with the same Adobe ID.
Can I exchange/return an e-book?
E-books are products that are not suitable for return due to their nature. Just like downloads of other electronic files (movies, music or software), e-books are excluded from the right of withdrawal. A return or exchange is therefore not possible.
If you have any questions about downloading Bookshelf, creating your account, or accessing and using your eBook edition, please visit http://support.vitalsource.com/