Unique guide to coordinated and optimized treatment of common neurological diseases
Neurological and neurodegenerative diseases have a significant impact on a patient's functionality, independence, and overall quality of life. Multidisciplinary clinical care, coordination, and treatment modifications are key to increasing survival rates and enhancing the well-being of these patients. Neurological Diseases: Implications in Medical and Dental Practices by Armin Ariana provides essential details on managing the neurological diseases commonly seen by general healthcare and dental practitioners and the importance of collaborative treatment.
The text starts with an introduction to neurological diseases followed by eight disease specific chapters: Parkinson Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), Alzheimer Disease, Stroke, Epilepsy and Other Seizure Disorders, Myasthenia Gravis, and Facial Paralysis. Every chapter starts with an introduction and background, then succinct sections covering epidemiology, etiology and pathogenesis, potential genetic factors, clinical symptoms, diagnosis, and current treatment/management approaches.
- The integral role of medical history, physical examination, and clinical and paraclinical testing in optimizing medical management and treatment
- How disease-specific oral medications impact patients in dental care settings, prior to and during treatment
- Why multidisciplinary healthcare coordination between physicians, dentists, and other healthcare providers is vital to improved patient outcomes and quality of life
This book is essential reading for medical students during neurology rotation, dental students who need clinical insights on how to treat patients with neurological diseases, and early-career medical and dental practitioners.
This book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.
Frequently asked questions
How do I redeem my eBook?
- Once you have successfully completed your eBook purchase on Thieme.com please look in your Order Confirmation e-mail for your unique redemption code. If you have not received your code, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com for assistance.
- Please go to https://www.vitalsource.com and make an account if you do not already have one.
- Once you are logged in, click the Account menu at the top right of the screen. Select Redeem and enter the redemption code in the Code To Redeem box.
- Press Redeem. Once the code has been redeemed your eBook will download and appear in your library.
Can I download e-books directly to mobile phones/tablets (without going through PC/laptop)?
- Click this link to access app downloads for iPhone, Android, Kindle, Mac, PC, and Chromebook: https://www.vitalsource.com/downloads
- Once you have downloaded the Bookshelf app, open the app and log in to your Bookshelf account to access your eBook. Click on “All Titles” in the collection pane to view all the eBooks in your account. Double-click on the title to download the book to your device. Once downloaded, double-click again to open the book.
Can I transfer e-books to other computers?
With an account from Vitalsource, you are able to access your book anywhere once you have logged in to your account at least once.
What is an e-book?
An e-book is an electronic edition of a printed book that is available as a file. The content does not differ from the printed edition of the book. Thieme offers electronic books in PDF and EPUB formats. For both formats, you need software to display the documents on your reading device. This software is not part of the e-book download.
What is the PDF format?
Adobe PDF format (Portable Document Format) is a standard format in MAC/PC area. Free programs for reading a PDF are available for all common operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and for almost all e-book readers such as e-book readers, tablets or smartphones.
What is the EPUB format?
EPUB (electronic publication) is a standard format for e-books that enables dynamic adaptation of the text to the size of the display device. It is particularly well suited for displaying e-books on tablet PCs, smartphones, and e-book readers.
EPUBs can also be easily displayed on MACs/PCs via the free ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) software, for example.
An Internet connection is required only to download the e-book to the reader. Once the download is complete, you can view and read the e-book without an Internet connection.
Are e-books copy-protected?
E-books from Thieme Publishing Group are provided with DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection from Vitalsource
On how many devices can I read the e-book?
You can read an e-book on up to six different (mobile) devices. These devices must be authorized with the same Adobe ID.
Can I exchange/return an e-book?
E-books are products that are not suitable for return due to their nature. Just like downloads of other electronic files (movies, music or software), e-books are excluded from the right of withdrawal. A return or exchange is therefore not possible.
If you have any questions about downloading Bookshelf, creating your account, or accessing and using your eBook edition, please visit http://support.vitalsource.com/