The first edition of Modern Surgical Management of Chronic Lymphedema, edited by Yves Harder, Christoph Hirche, Katrin Seidenstücker, and Moustapha Hamdi, has been conceived and written by enthusiasts for lymphatic surgery who have dedicated their professional careers to treating patients suffering from this chronic disease.
Featuring current perspectives and particularities of surgical lymphedema treatment with contributions from international experts in the field, this innovative book describes evidence-based, multi-disciplinary approaches to treating chronic lymphedema from the point of view of clinical experts. It is also a comprehensive companion for multi-professional specialists looking for an erudite understanding of the complex treatment of lymphedema.
Ultimately, the book seeks to advance the contemporary understanding that underpins the philosophy and general principles of modern surgical management of chronic lymphedema, in order to improve the quality of life of patients.
- Firsthand clinical pearls for treating lymphedema patients and managing the often-chronic issues that significantly impact on daily quality of life
- General focus on the fields of embryology, anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology of the lymphatic system
- Special focus on diagnosis, evaluation, and complete decongestive therapy (CDT)
- Step-by-step descriptions of the surgical corner-stones, including lymphovenous anastomosis (LVA), vascularized lymph node transfer (VLNT), and alternative supermicrosurgical techniques, as well as reductive and lymphoablative surgery
- Unique contributions on the diagnosis and treatment of lymphatic filariasis
- Basic concepts of experimental research in the field
- Evidence- and expert-based algorithm for personalized and stage-dependent treatment
- Over 70 full-color and highly instructive illustrations and more than 250 clinical images
This is a valuable and practical resource for surgeons of various clinical fields with supermicrosurgical expertise, lymphologists and angiologists, general practitioners, psychologists, lymphedema therapists, dietitians, specialized nurses, as well as medical students.
Frequently asked questions
How do I redeem my eBook?
- Once you have successfully completed your eBook purchase on Thieme.com please look in your Order Confirmation e-mail for your unique redemption code. If you have not received your code, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Please go to https://www.vitalsource.com and make an account if you do not already have one.
- Once you are logged in, click the Account menu at the top right of the screen. Select Redeem and enter the redemption code in the Code To Redeem box.
- Press Redeem. Once the code has been redeemed your eBook will download and appear in your library.
Can I download e-books directly to mobile phones/tablets (without going through PC/laptop)?
- Click this link to access app downloads for iPhone, Android, Kindle, Mac, PC, and Chromebook: https://www.vitalsource.com/downloads
- Once you have downloaded the Bookshelf app, open the app and log in to your Bookshelf account to access your eBook. Click on “All Titles” in the collection pane to view all the eBooks in your account. Double-click on the title to download the book to your device. Once downloaded, double-click again to open the book.
Can I transfer e-books to other computers?
With an account from Vitalsource, you are able to access your book anywhere once you have logged in to your account at least once.
What is an e-book?
An e-book is an electronic edition of a printed book that is available as a file. The content does not differ from the printed edition of the book. Thieme offers electronic books in PDF and EPUB formats. For both formats, you need software to display the documents on your reading device. This software is not part of the e-book download.
What is the PDF format?
Adobe PDF format (Portable Document Format) is a standard format in MAC/PC area. Free programs for reading a PDF are available for all common operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and for almost all e-book readers such as e-book readers, tablets or smartphones.
What is the EPUB format?
EPUB (electronic publication) is a standard format for e-books that enables dynamic adaptation of the text to the size of the display device. It is particularly well suited for displaying e-books on tablet PCs, smartphones, and e-book readers.
EPUBs can also be easily displayed on MACs/PCs via the free ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) software, for example.
An Internet connection is required only to download the e-book to the reader. Once the download is complete, you can view and read the e-book without an Internet connection.
Are e-books copy-protected?
E-books from Thieme Publishing Group are provided with DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection from Vitalsource
On how many devices can I read the e-book?
You can read an e-book on up to six different (mobile) devices. These devices must be authorized with the same Adobe ID.
Can I exchange/return an e-book?
E-books are products that are not suitable for return due to their nature. Just like downloads of other electronic files (movies, music or software), e-books are excluded from the right of withdrawal. A return or exchange is therefore not possible.
If you have any questions about downloading Bookshelf, creating your account, or accessing and using your eBook edition, please visit http://support.vitalsource.com/