100% pure MR imaging of the CNS...comprehensive, up to date, essential
The imaging quality achievable in MR imaging today was inconceivable just a few years ago. No other subdiscipline has evolved so swiftly while placing ever-greater emphasis on fast and accurate results. This book is intended as an indispensable tool at the workplace, as reference for image interpretation, and even for fast orientation during the examination. Adjunct information is provided that fosters the dialogue with referring physicians: for most diseases and conditions there are summaries of epidemiology, clinical findings, pathogenesis and pathophysiology, as well as basic therapy concepts.
- A fast-reference guide, even in tricky cases-differential diagnosis made easy, with high clinical relevance
- Tips for organizing examinations
- Reference images for comparison with actual images
- A reference book for looking up equivocal findings
- More than 1,300 vivid, high-resolution images from the latest generation of scanners
- Coverage of peripheral nervous system diseases and MR neurography
- Answers to questions such as:
- What technique is best for answering a specific question?
- What does normal anatomy look like, and what landmarks should be sought?
- Which differential diagnoses should I consider?
- What are the optimal equipment settings at my workplace?
- What therapeutic options does interventional radiology provide?
For all radiologists in hospital or office settings, also for neurologists and neurosurgeons.
Frequently asked questions
How do I redeem my eBook?
- Once you have successfully completed your eBook purchase on Thieme.com please look in your Order Confirmation e-mail for your unique redemption code. If you have not received your code, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com for assistance.
- Please go to https://www.vitalsource.com and make an account if you do not already have one.
- Once you are logged in, click the Account menu at the top right of the screen. Select Redeem and enter the redemption code in the Code To Redeem box.
- Press Redeem. Once the code has been redeemed your eBook will download and appear in your library.
Can I download e-books directly to mobile phones/tablets (without going through PC/laptop)?
- Click this link to access app downloads for iPhone, Android, Kindle, Mac, PC, and Chromebook: https://www.vitalsource.com/downloads
- Once you have downloaded the Bookshelf app, open the app and log in to your Bookshelf account to access your eBook. Click on “All Titles” in the collection pane to view all the eBooks in your account. Double-click on the title to download the book to your device. Once downloaded, double-click again to open the book.
Can I transfer e-books to other computers?
With an account from Vitalsource, you are able to access your book anywhere once you have logged in to your account at least once.
What is an e-book?
An e-book is an electronic edition of a printed book that is available as a file. The content does not differ from the printed edition of the book. Thieme offers electronic books in PDF and EPUB formats. For both formats, you need software to display the documents on your reading device. This software is not part of the e-book download.
What is the PDF format?
Adobe PDF format (Portable Document Format) is a standard format in MAC/PC area. Free programs for reading a PDF are available for all common operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and for almost all e-book readers such as e-book readers, tablets or smartphones.
What is the EPUB format?
EPUB (electronic publication) is a standard format for e-books that enables dynamic adaptation of the text to the size of the display device. It is particularly well suited for displaying e-books on tablet PCs, smartphones, and e-book readers.
EPUBs can also be easily displayed on MACs/PCs via the free ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) software, for example.
An Internet connection is required only to download the e-book to the reader. Once the download is complete, you can view and read the e-book without an Internet connection.
Are e-books copy-protected?
E-books from Thieme Publishing Group are provided with DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection from Vitalsource
On how many devices can I read the e-book?
You can read an e-book on up to six different (mobile) devices. These devices must be authorized with the same Adobe ID.
Can I exchange/return an e-book?
E-books are products that are not suitable for return due to their nature. Just like downloads of other electronic files (movies, music or software), e-books are excluded from the right of withdrawal. A return or exchange is therefore not possible.
If you have any questions about downloading Bookshelf, creating your account, or accessing and using your eBook edition, please visit http://support.vitalsource.com/