Fundamental techniques and novel approaches for traumatic head injuries
Surgical Nuances of Head Injury is the first of its kind, entirely dedicated to the technical aspect of head injury–related surgeries. This book uniquely compiles all the basic neurosurgical steps for management of head injuries, and includes exemplary case studies of both common as well as uncommon scenarios of a variety of head injuries.
This book is an innovative concept between a text and an atlas, mentioning all necessary details through stunning surgical photos and detailing the surgeries with a step-by-step approach. With an equal emphasis on the basics and advancements, the authors have tried to correlate the clinical approach and technological help whenever required. All the chapters have clear surgical descriptions of conventional and situational case scenarios, to help neurosurgeons make decisions in complex trauma cases. Through these interwoven concepts, the neurosurgery leaders intend to offer an easy solution to the readers, and help them avoid confusion in tricky situations in an era of high-speed trauma.
- “The Principle of Management of the Layers” is the concept behind respecting each layer while approaching from skin to the brain and is the book’s central theme, which may bring the complication rates to the lowest possible extent in trauma and conventional surgeries.
- Many new surgical techniques have been described for the first time in this book, such as the fourhand technique, sizeable temporalis–pericranium–loose areolar tissue graft harvesting, among others.
- Cranial nerve and vascular injuries—the least discussed domains of neurotrauma—have been purposefully added in this book to increase an awareness among the neurosurgical fraternity. These sections have been authored by world-renowned experts in this field.
This book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Frequently asked questions
How do I redeem my eBook?
- Once you have successfully completed your eBook purchase on Thieme.com please look in your Order Confirmation e-mail for your unique redemption code. If you have not received your code, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Please go to https://www.vitalsource.com and make an account if you do not already have one.
- Once you are logged in, click the Account menu at the top right of the screen. Select Redeem and enter the redemption code in the Code To Redeem box.
- Press Redeem. Once the code has been redeemed your eBook will download and appear in your library.
Can I download e-books directly to mobile phones/tablets (without going through PC/laptop)?
- Click this link to access app downloads for iPhone, Android, Kindle, Mac, PC, and Chromebook: https://www.vitalsource.com/downloads
- Once you have downloaded the Bookshelf app, open the app and log in to your Bookshelf account to access your eBook. Click on “All Titles” in the collection pane to view all the eBooks in your account. Double-click on the title to download the book to your device. Once downloaded, double-click again to open the book.
Can I transfer e-books to other computers?
With an account from Vitalsource, you are able to access your book anywhere once you have logged in to your account at least once.
What is an e-book?
An e-book is an electronic edition of a printed book that is available as a file. The content does not differ from the printed edition of the book. Thieme offers electronic books in PDF and EPUB formats. For both formats, you need software to display the documents on your reading device. This software is not part of the e-book download.
What is the PDF format?
Adobe PDF format (Portable Document Format) is a standard format in MAC/PC area. Free programs for reading a PDF are available for all common operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and for almost all e-book readers such as e-book readers, tablets or smartphones.
What is the EPUB format?
EPUB (electronic publication) is a standard format for e-books that enables dynamic adaptation of the text to the size of the display device. It is particularly well suited for displaying e-books on tablet PCs, smartphones, and e-book readers.
EPUBs can also be easily displayed on MACs/PCs via the free ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) software, for example.
An Internet connection is required only to download the e-book to the reader. Once the download is complete, you can view and read the e-book without an Internet connection.
Are e-books copy-protected?
E-books from Thieme Publishing Group are provided with DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection from Vitalsource
On how many devices can I read the e-book?
You can read an e-book on up to six different (mobile) devices. These devices must be authorized with the same Adobe ID.
Can I exchange/return an e-book?
E-books are products that are not suitable for return due to their nature. Just like downloads of other electronic files (movies, music or software), e-books are excluded from the right of withdrawal. A return or exchange is therefore not possible.
If you have any questions about downloading Bookshelf, creating your account, or accessing and using your eBook edition, please visit http://support.vitalsource.com/