Thieme congratulates Dr. Eric M. Genden on being chosen by New York magazine for its prestigious 'Best Doctors 2018' list!
Head and Neck Cancer: Management and Reconstruction, 2nd Edition by Eric M. Genden masterfully blends two lauded Thieme books, Reconstruction of the Head and Neck, focusing on defect repair, and Head and Neck Cancer, a multidisciplinary, evidence-based approach to treatment. A significant increase in the incidence of oropharyngeal cancer in the U.S. and other countries, especially among men, is attributed to high-risk subtypes of the human papillomavirus (HPV). HPV associated tonsillar cancer and base of tongue cancer account for 90% of all oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma. Internationally renowned authors share the latest knowledge on HPV and other causes of head and neck cancers, from diagnosis to cutting-edge treatments.
Thirty richly illustrated chapters feature open and endoscopic ablative techniques for treating a full spectrum of carcinomas and associated defects of the buccal, mandible and composite, laryngeal, hypopharyngeal, and parotid. The book encompasses the nuances of each pathology, step-by-step procedural guidance, clinical pearls, and the latest reconstructive techniques such as 3-D. For each disease, the authors discuss management concepts followed by principles of reconstruction and functional rehabilitation. Special topics include patient surveillance, monoclonal antibodies and immunotherapy, microvascular reconstruction, and minimizing wound complications.
- State-of-the-art management of carcinomas impacting the oral and nasal cavities, salivary glands, oropharynx, hypopharynx, larynx, thyroid, anterior skull base, skin, and more
- A chapter devoted to transoral robotic management of the oropharynx includes epidemiology, etiology, anatomy, staging, clinical presentation, diagnosis, work-up, and case
Frequently asked questions
How do I redeem my eBook?
- Once you have successfully completed your eBook purchase on Thieme.com please look in your Order Confirmation e-mail for your unique redemption code. If you have not received your code, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com for assistance.
- Please go to https://www.vitalsource.com and make an account if you do not already have one.
- Once you are logged in, click the Account menu at the top right of the screen. Select Redeem and enter the redemption code in the Code To Redeem box.
- Press Redeem. Once the code has been redeemed your eBook will download and appear in your library.
Can I download e-books directly to mobile phones/tablets (without going through PC/laptop)?
- Click this link to access app downloads for iPhone, Android, Kindle, Mac, PC, and Chromebook: https://www.vitalsource.com/downloads
- Once you have downloaded the Bookshelf app, open the app and log in to your Bookshelf account to access your eBook. Click on “All Titles” in the collection pane to view all the eBooks in your account. Double-click on the title to download the book to your device. Once downloaded, double-click again to open the book.
Can I transfer e-books to other computers?
With an account from Vitalsource, you are able to access your book anywhere once you have logged in to your account at least once.
What is an e-book?
An e-book is an electronic edition of a printed book that is available as a file. The content does not differ from the printed edition of the book. Thieme offers electronic books in PDF and EPUB formats. For both formats, you need software to display the documents on your reading device. This software is not part of the e-book download.
What is the PDF format?
Adobe PDF format (Portable Document Format) is a standard format in MAC/PC area. Free programs for reading a PDF are available for all common operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and for almost all e-book readers such as e-book readers, tablets or smartphones.
What is the EPUB format?
EPUB (electronic publication) is a standard format for e-books that enables dynamic adaptation of the text to the size of the display device. It is particularly well suited for displaying e-books on tablet PCs, smartphones, and e-book readers.
EPUBs can also be easily displayed on MACs/PCs via the free ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) software, for example.
An Internet connection is required only to download the e-book to the reader. Once the download is complete, you can view and read the e-book without an Internet connection.
Are e-books copy-protected?
E-books from Thieme Publishing Group are provided with DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection from Vitalsource
On how many devices can I read the e-book?
You can read an e-book on up to six different (mobile) devices. These devices must be authorized with the same Adobe ID.
Can I exchange/return an e-book?
E-books are products that are not suitable for return due to their nature. Just like downloads of other electronic files (movies, music or software), e-books are excluded from the right of withdrawal. A return or exchange is therefore not possible.
If you have any questions about downloading Bookshelf, creating your account, or accessing and using your eBook edition, please visit http://support.vitalsource.com/