Head, Neck, and Neuroanatomy (THIEME Atlas of Anatomy), Latin Nomenclature
- Edition: 3 2021
- Details: 592 pages, 1789 ill., Hardback (Thread Stitching)
- ISBN: 9781684200863
- Media Type: Book
- Language of text: English
Remarkable atlas provides exceptionally detailed, clinically relevant anatomic knowledge!
Thieme Atlas of Anatomy: Head, Neck, and Neuroanatomy, Third Edition, Latin Nomenclature, by renowned educators Michael Schuenke, Erik Schulte, and Udo Schumacher, along with consulting editors Cristian Stefan and Hugo Zeberg, expands on prior editions with hundreds of new images and significant updates to the neuroanatomy content. Head and neck sections encompass the bones, ligaments, joints, muscles, lymphatic system, organs, related neurovascular structures, and topographical and sectional anatomy. The neuroanatomy section covers the histology of nerve and glial cells and autonomic nervous system, then delineates different areas of the brain and spinal cord, followed by sectional anatomy and functional systems. The final section features a glossary and expanded CNS synopses, featuring six new topics, from neurovascular structures of the nose to the pharynx.
- Labels and anatomic terminology are in Latin nomenclature
- Nearly 1,800 images including extraordinarily realistic illustrations by Markus Voll and Karl Wesker, photographs, diagrams, tables, and succinct clinical applications make this the perfect study and teaching resource
- Expanded clinical references include illustrated summary tables and synopses of motor and sensory pathways
- Neuroanatomy additions include an in-depth overview and content focused on functional circuitry and pathways
- Online images with "labels-on and labels-off" capability are ideal for review and self-testing
This visually stunning atlas is an essential companion for medical students or residents interested in pursuing head and neck subspecialties or furthering their knowledge of neuroanatomy. It will also benefit dental and physical therapy students, as well as physicians and physical therapists seeking an image-rich clinical resource to consult in practice.
The THIEME Atlas of Anatomy series also includes two additional volumes, General Anatomy and Musculoskeletal System and Internal Organs.
All volumes of the THIEME Atlas of Anatomy series are available in softcover English/International nomenclature and in hardcover with Latin nomenclature.
This book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.
Frequently asked questions
How do I redeem my eBook?
- Once you have successfully completed your eBook purchase on Thieme.com please look in your Order Confirmation e-mail for your unique redemption code. If you have not received your code, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Please go to https://www.vitalsource.com and make an account if you do not already have one.
- Once you are logged in, click the Account menu at the top right of the screen. Select Redeem and enter the redemption code in the Code To Redeem box.
- Press Redeem. Once the code has been redeemed your eBook will download and appear in your library.
Can I download e-books directly to mobile phones/tablets (without going through PC/laptop)?
- Click this link to access app downloads for iPhone, Android, Kindle, Mac, PC, and Chromebook: https://www.vitalsource.com/downloads
- Once you have downloaded the Bookshelf app, open the app and log in to your Bookshelf account to access your eBook. Click on “All Titles” in the collection pane to view all the eBooks in your account. Double-click on the title to download the book to your device. Once downloaded, double-click again to open the book.
Can I transfer e-books to other computers?
With an account from Vitalsource, you are able to access your book anywhere once you have logged in to your account at least once.
What is an e-book?
An e-book is an electronic edition of a printed book that is available as a file. The content does not differ from the printed edition of the book. Thieme offers electronic books in PDF and EPUB formats. For both formats, you need software to display the documents on your reading device. This software is not part of the e-book download.
What is the PDF format?
Adobe PDF format (Portable Document Format) is a standard format in MAC/PC area. Free programs for reading a PDF are available for all common operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and for almost all e-book readers such as e-book readers, tablets or smartphones.
What is the EPUB format?
EPUB (electronic publication) is a standard format for e-books that enables dynamic adaptation of the text to the size of the display device. It is particularly well suited for displaying e-books on tablet PCs, smartphones, and e-book readers.
EPUBs can also be easily displayed on MACs/PCs via the free ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) software, for example.
An Internet connection is required only to download the e-book to the reader. Once the download is complete, you can view and read the e-book without an Internet connection.
Are e-books copy-protected?
E-books from Thieme Publishing Group are provided with DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection from Vitalsource
On how many devices can I read the e-book?
You can read an e-book on up to six different (mobile) devices. These devices must be authorized with the same Adobe ID.
Can I exchange/return an e-book?
E-books are products that are not suitable for return due to their nature. Just like downloads of other electronic files (movies, music or software), e-books are excluded from the right of withdrawal. A return or exchange is therefore not possible.
If you have any questions about downloading Bookshelf, creating your account, or accessing and using your eBook edition, please visit http://support.vitalsource.com/
THIEME Atlas of Anatomy, Latin Nomenclature, Three Volume Set