Highly Commended by the BMA Medical Book Awards for Surgery!
The gliding nature and dynamic planes of the face present one of the great challenges in aesthetic surgery and volume replenishment is a key component of the treatment algorithm. Facial Volumization: An Anatomic Approach by Jerome Lamb and Christopher Surek masterfully bridges the gap between the anatomy lab and injection clinic. It synthesizes a large body of facial anatomy publications into a "one-stop shop" covering a wide array of facial procedures - from the chin and perioral - to the midface and temple.
In addition to vascular injury, lymphatic disruption can play a critical role in suboptimal aesthetic facial volumization outcomes. Chapter 2, The Lymphatic Anatomy of the Lower Eyelid and the Malar Region of the Face discusses new state-of-the art facial lymphatic discoveries.
- Numerous beautiful, full-page color illustrations systematically reveal each layer of the face - from deep to superficial - taking readers on a unique journey through the 3-D architecture of complex facial anatomy.
- The left side of each page features a written synopsis of the vascular, muscular, ligament, and adipose components of specific layers paired with cadaveric dissection photographs.
- More than 20 high-definition live patient injection videos posted in the Thieme online Media Center include detailed injector commentary.
- Augmentation and enhancement techniques, the latest facial fillers and lip injections, and illustrated guidance on preferred volumization approaches.
- Identification of danger zones and technical pearls for injecting safely, avoiding problems, and obtaining the best results.
This invaluable resource will help residents and seasoned plastic surgeons, facial plastic surgeons, dermatologists, otolaryngologists, and aestheticians perform facial injections safely and achie
Frequently asked questions
How do I redeem my eBook?
- Once you have successfully completed your eBook purchase on Thieme.com please look in your Order Confirmation e-mail for your unique redemption code. If you have not received your code, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Please go to https://www.vitalsource.com and make an account if you do not already have one.
- Once you are logged in, click the Account menu at the top right of the screen. Select Redeem and enter the redemption code in the Code To Redeem box.
- Press Redeem. Once the code has been redeemed your eBook will download and appear in your library.
Can I download e-books directly to mobile phones/tablets (without going through PC/laptop)?
- Click this link to access app downloads for iPhone, Android, Kindle, Mac, PC, and Chromebook: https://www.vitalsource.com/downloads
- Once you have downloaded the Bookshelf app, open the app and log in to your Bookshelf account to access your eBook. Click on “All Titles” in the collection pane to view all the eBooks in your account. Double-click on the title to download the book to your device. Once downloaded, double-click again to open the book.
Can I transfer e-books to other computers?
With an account from Vitalsource, you are able to access your book anywhere once you have logged in to your account at least once.
What is an e-book?
An e-book is an electronic edition of a printed book that is available as a file. The content does not differ from the printed edition of the book. Thieme offers electronic books in PDF and EPUB formats. For both formats, you need software to display the documents on your reading device. This software is not part of the e-book download.
What is the PDF format?
Adobe PDF format (Portable Document Format) is a standard format in MAC/PC area. Free programs for reading a PDF are available for all common operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and for almost all e-book readers such as e-book readers, tablets or smartphones.
What is the EPUB format?
EPUB (electronic publication) is a standard format for e-books that enables dynamic adaptation of the text to the size of the display device. It is particularly well suited for displaying e-books on tablet PCs, smartphones, and e-book readers.
EPUBs can also be easily displayed on MACs/PCs via the free ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) software, for example.
An Internet connection is required only to download the e-book to the reader. Once the download is complete, you can view and read the e-book without an Internet connection.
Are e-books copy-protected?
E-books from Thieme Publishing Group are provided with DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection from Vitalsource
On how many devices can I read the e-book?
You can read an e-book on up to six different (mobile) devices. These devices must be authorized with the same Adobe ID.
Can I exchange/return an e-book?
E-books are products that are not suitable for return due to their nature. Just like downloads of other electronic files (movies, music or software), e-books are excluded from the right of withdrawal. A return or exchange is therefore not possible.
If you have any questions about downloading Bookshelf, creating your account, or accessing and using your eBook edition, please visit http://support.vitalsource.com/