Keeping abreast of the major strides made in the field of neuropathology, Essentials of Diagnostic Surgical Neuropathology brings out its second edition with the aim of keeping the neuroscience community updated with the new developments in neuropathology.
This second edition comes close on the heels of the fifth edition of the WHO Classification of Central Nervous System Tumours (WHO CNS5) which was published in 2021. This new edition has retained the concise, point wise format of the earlier edition, making it a handy reference book. While the major changes in this edition are in neoplastic pathology, this book also provides updates in the pathology of non-neoplastic lesions that need surgical intervention.
The highlights of the neoplastic section are:
- Description of new tumour types and subtypes included in the WHO CNS5
- Grading of tumours as per WHO CNS5
- Relevant immune profile and diagnostic molecular pathology for each tumour according to WHO CNS5. Essential and desirable diagnostic criteria, as defined by WHO CNS5, in a tabular form at the end
The salient features of the non-neoplastic section include:
- New section on Therapy-related Neuropathology
- Recent classifications of vascular malformations and epilepsy related lesions
- New section on Infectious and Inflammatory Lesions Mimicking Neoplasms
- New chapter on Surgical Pathology of Spinal Dysraphism and Other Neural Tube Defects
- Another important feature includes the addition of a new chapter on techniques viz.
- Smears in the Rapid Diagnosis of Central Nervous System Lesions
- Challenges in the Interpretation of Stereotactic Biopsies
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Frequently asked questions
How do I redeem my eBook?
- Once you have successfully completed your eBook purchase on Thieme.com please look in your Order Confirmation e-mail for your unique redemption code. If you have not received your code, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Please go to https://www.vitalsource.com and make an account if you do not already have one.
- Once you are logged in, click the Account menu at the top right of the screen. Select Redeem and enter the redemption code in the Code To Redeem box.
- Press Redeem. Once the code has been redeemed your eBook will download and appear in your library.
Can I download e-books directly to mobile phones/tablets (without going through PC/laptop)?
- Click this link to access app downloads for iPhone, Android, Kindle, Mac, PC, and Chromebook: https://www.vitalsource.com/downloads
- Once you have downloaded the Bookshelf app, open the app and log in to your Bookshelf account to access your eBook. Click on “All Titles” in the collection pane to view all the eBooks in your account. Double-click on the title to download the book to your device. Once downloaded, double-click again to open the book.
Can I transfer e-books to other computers?
With an account from Vitalsource, you are able to access your book anywhere once you have logged in to your account at least once.
What is an e-book?
An e-book is an electronic edition of a printed book that is available as a file. The content does not differ from the printed edition of the book. Thieme offers electronic books in PDF and EPUB formats. For both formats, you need software to display the documents on your reading device. This software is not part of the e-book download.
What is the PDF format?
Adobe PDF format (Portable Document Format) is a standard format in MAC/PC area. Free programs for reading a PDF are available for all common operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and for almost all e-book readers such as e-book readers, tablets or smartphones.
What is the EPUB format?
EPUB (electronic publication) is a standard format for e-books that enables dynamic adaptation of the text to the size of the display device. It is particularly well suited for displaying e-books on tablet PCs, smartphones, and e-book readers.
EPUBs can also be easily displayed on MACs/PCs via the free ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) software, for example.
An Internet connection is required only to download the e-book to the reader. Once the download is complete, you can view and read the e-book without an Internet connection.
Are e-books copy-protected?
E-books from Thieme Publishing Group are provided with DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection from Vitalsource
On how many devices can I read the e-book?
You can read an e-book on up to six different (mobile) devices. These devices must be authorized with the same Adobe ID.
Can I exchange/return an e-book?
E-books are products that are not suitable for return due to their nature. Just like downloads of other electronic files (movies, music or software), e-books are excluded from the right of withdrawal. A return or exchange is therefore not possible.
If you have any questions about downloading Bookshelf, creating your account, or accessing and using your eBook edition, please visit http://support.vitalsource.com/