Revised edition of widely acclaimed medical training resource features extensive and invaluable additions
Performing clinical examinations is an important skill developed throughout medical training and vocational experience. For nearly a quarter century, this learner-friendly handbook has filled a gap in the literature by providing an affordable and portable resource on clinical examination best practices. Essentials of Clinical Examination, 9th Edition reflects contributions from 119 medical students, 44 residents, 16 artists, 6 layout editors, and 38 esteemed faculty members at the University of Toronto. Supported by Toronto Medical Student Publications, each chapter has been thoroughly reviewed by expert residents and faculty members in their respective specialties to ensure the highest caliber content.
Created by health learners for health learners, this highly accessible, evidence-informed reference is indispensable for clinical rotations and OSCE preparation. All 24 chapters underwent extensive revisions to reflect the most pertinent, up-to-date information. Section one provides overviews of major anatomy and body systems, while section two is organized by subspecialty. Each of the subspecialty chapters is consistently formatted with detailed and clear explanations covering clinical history, common presentations, differential diagnoses with distinguishing clinical features, and physical examination maneuvers.
- The addition of new summary tables, detailed diagrams, and improved graphics enhance understanding and retention of knowledge
- New social, pediatric, and geriatric awareness pearls help learners better contextualize concepts through a culturally and socially sensitive lens
- Integrated clinical questions at the end of each chapter enable readers to consolidate knowledge and apply it to real-life situations encountered during rotations
Frequently asked questions
How do I redeem my eBook?
- Once you have successfully completed your eBook purchase on Thieme.com please look in your Order Confirmation e-mail for your unique redemption code. If you have not received your code, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com for assistance.
- Please go to https://www.vitalsource.com and make an account if you do not already have one.
- Once you are logged in, click the Account menu at the top right of the screen. Select Redeem and enter the redemption code in the Code To Redeem box.
- Press Redeem. Once the code has been redeemed your eBook will download and appear in your library.
Can I download e-books directly to mobile phones/tablets (without going through PC/laptop)?
- Click this link to access app downloads for iPhone, Android, Kindle, Mac, PC, and Chromebook: https://www.vitalsource.com/downloads
- Once you have downloaded the Bookshelf app, open the app and log in to your Bookshelf account to access your eBook. Click on “All Titles” in the collection pane to view all the eBooks in your account. Double-click on the title to download the book to your device. Once downloaded, double-click again to open the book.
Can I transfer e-books to other computers?
With an account from Vitalsource, you are able to access your book anywhere once you have logged in to your account at least once.
What is an e-book?
An e-book is an electronic edition of a printed book that is available as a file. The content does not differ from the printed edition of the book. Thieme offers electronic books in PDF and EPUB formats. For both formats, you need software to display the documents on your reading device. This software is not part of the e-book download.
What is the PDF format?
Adobe PDF format (Portable Document Format) is a standard format in MAC/PC area. Free programs for reading a PDF are available for all common operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and for almost all e-book readers such as e-book readers, tablets or smartphones.
What is the EPUB format?
EPUB (electronic publication) is a standard format for e-books that enables dynamic adaptation of the text to the size of the display device. It is particularly well suited for displaying e-books on tablet PCs, smartphones, and e-book readers.
EPUBs can also be easily displayed on MACs/PCs via the free ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) software, for example.
An Internet connection is required only to download the e-book to the reader. Once the download is complete, you can view and read the e-book without an Internet connection.
Are e-books copy-protected?
E-books from Thieme Publishing Group are provided with DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection from Vitalsource
On how many devices can I read the e-book?
You can read an e-book on up to six different (mobile) devices. These devices must be authorized with the same Adobe ID.
Can I exchange/return an e-book?
E-books are products that are not suitable for return due to their nature. Just like downloads of other electronic files (movies, music or software), e-books are excluded from the right of withdrawal. A return or exchange is therefore not possible.
If you have any questions about downloading Bookshelf, creating your account, or accessing and using your eBook edition, please visit http://support.vitalsource.com/