Endoscopic technology has advanced to the point where practitioners can now access, visualize, and treat spine pathologies previously only accessible through open surgical approaches. Endoscopic Spine Surgery 2nd Edition provides a comprehensive background on endoscopic spine surgery and covers an unparalleled number of minimally invasive spine procedures that have revolutionized the spine treatment paradigm. Readers will greatly benefit from many years of expertise and wisdom shared by master spine surgeons Daniel Kim, Gun Choi, Sang-Ho Lee, and Richard Fessler, and their expert contributors.
Due to the narrow endoscopic view, subtle microanatomical differences in the lumbar, thoracic, and cervical regions are not always easy to visually discern. To address this challenge, the book contains detailed procedural descriptions and images mirroring endoscopic views spine surgeons encounter in the OR. Organized anatomically, 53 chapters guide readers systematically through lumbar, thoracic, cervical, and craniocervical junction procedures for pathologies ranging from low back pain and deformities to tumors, lesions, infections, and trauma.
- More than 1000 high quality images including color procedural photographs and medical illustrations provide in-depth visual understanding.
- Spinal pathologies and procedures delineated in 75 videos accessible via the Media Center - from case studies to step-by-step technique tutorials.
- Covers the full spectrum of spine endoscopy including percutaneous approaches, microdiscectomy, laminectomy, discectomy foraminotomy, hemilaminectomy, thoracic decompressions, fusion, fixation, and thoracoscopic procedures.
- The use of state-of-the-art technology such as ultrasonic bone dissectors, endoscopic radiofrequency denervation, the video telescope operating monitor (VITOM), minimally invasive tubular retractors, and 3D stereo-tubular endoscopic systems.
Neurosurgical and orthopaedic residents, spine fellows, and seasoned spine surgeons will all greatly benefit from the significant knowledge and insights revealed in this remarkable multimedia resource. This book may also be of interest to neurosurgical and orthopaedic nurses, physical therapists, chiropractors, and medical device professionals., Endoscopic technology has advanced to the point where practitioners can now access, visualize, and treat spine pathologies previously only accessible through open surgical approaches. The book provides a comprehensive background on endoscopic spine surgery and covers an unparalleled number of minimally invasive spine procedures that have revolutionized the spine treatment paradigm. Image-rich guide from international experts Nearly 1100 high quality images including color procedural photographs and medical illustrations provide in-depth visual understanding Full spectrum of spine endoscopy including percutaneous approaches, microdiscectomy, fusion, laminectomy, discectomy foraminotomy, fixation, hemilaminectomy, thoracic decompressions, and thoracoscopic procedures Use of state-of-the-art technology such as ultrasonic bone dissectors, endoscopic radiofrequency denervation, the video telescope operating monitor (VITOM), minimally invasive tubular retractors, and 3D stereo-tubular endoscopic systems Spinal pathologies and procedures delineated in 75 videos accessible via the Media Center – from case studies to step-by-step technique tutorials
Frequently asked questions
How do I redeem my eBook?
- Once you have successfully completed your eBook purchase on Thieme.com please look in your Order Confirmation e-mail for your unique redemption code. If you have not received your code, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com for assistance.
- Please go to https://www.vitalsource.com and make an account if you do not already have one.
- Once you are logged in, click the Account menu at the top right of the screen. Select Redeem and enter the redemption code in the Code To Redeem box.
- Press Redeem. Once the code has been redeemed your eBook will download and appear in your library.
Can I download e-books directly to mobile phones/tablets (without going through PC/laptop)?
- Click this link to access app downloads for iPhone, Android, Kindle, Mac, PC, and Chromebook: https://www.vitalsource.com/downloads
- Once you have downloaded the Bookshelf app, open the app and log in to your Bookshelf account to access your eBook. Click on “All Titles” in the collection pane to view all the eBooks in your account. Double-click on the title to download the book to your device. Once downloaded, double-click again to open the book.
Can I transfer e-books to other computers?
With an account from Vitalsource, you are able to access your book anywhere once you have logged in to your account at least once.
What is an e-book?
An e-book is an electronic edition of a printed book that is available as a file. The content does not differ from the printed edition of the book. Thieme offers electronic books in PDF and EPUB formats. For both formats, you need software to display the documents on your reading device. This software is not part of the e-book download.
What is the PDF format?
Adobe PDF format (Portable Document Format) is a standard format in MAC/PC area. Free programs for reading a PDF are available for all common operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and for almost all e-book readers such as e-book readers, tablets or smartphones.
What is the EPUB format?
EPUB (electronic publication) is a standard format for e-books that enables dynamic adaptation of the text to the size of the display device. It is particularly well suited for displaying e-books on tablet PCs, smartphones, and e-book readers.
EPUBs can also be easily displayed on MACs/PCs via the free ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) software, for example.
An Internet connection is required only to download the e-book to the reader. Once the download is complete, you can view and read the e-book without an Internet connection.
Are e-books copy-protected?
E-books from Thieme Publishing Group are provided with DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection from Vitalsource
On how many devices can I read the e-book?
You can read an e-book on up to six different (mobile) devices. These devices must be authorized with the same Adobe ID.
Can I exchange/return an e-book?
E-books are products that are not suitable for return due to their nature. Just like downloads of other electronic files (movies, music or software), e-books are excluded from the right of withdrawal. A return or exchange is therefore not possible.
If you have any questions about downloading Bookshelf, creating your account, or accessing and using your eBook edition, please visit http://support.vitalsource.com/