- ISSN: 2194-9379
- Media Type: Journals
- Issues: 9 per year
- Language: English
- Volume: 73
*Prices include shipping costs.
Prices exclude sales tax per year
Subscribe today and receive up to 20% off your first year's subscription! Applies for Individuals only.
Drug Research (formerly Arzneimittelforschung) is an international peer-reviewed journal with expedited processing times presenting the very latest research results related to novel and established drug molecules and the evaluation of new drug development. A key focus of the publication is translational medicine and the application of biological discoveries in the development of drugs for use in the clinical environment. Articles and experimental data from across the field of drug research address not only the issue of drug discovery, but also the mathematical and statistical methods for evaluating results from industrial investigations and clinical trials.
Publishing twelve times a year, Drug Research includes original research articles as well as reviews, commentaries and short communications in the following areas:
- analytics applied to clinical trials
- chemistry and biochemistry
- clinical and experimental pharmacology
- drug interactions
- efficacy testing
Drug Research proudly presents the winners of the Best Short Presentation Awards awarded during the DGPT Summit:
Experimental Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology
Dr. Margarete Fischer-Bosch-Institut für medizinische Forschung mbH
Experimental Pharmacology and Toxicology
Abstracting and indexing:
Biobase Beilstein Scopus, BIOSIS, Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS), Current Contents, EMBASE Chemical Abstracts, Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI), Infotrieve, MEDLINE, VINITI, EBSCO, ProQuest
Personal subscription orders can only be placed by individuals and must include the recipient's name and personal address. Must be for individual use only and paid for by personal funds of the individual. Only qualified professionals and students are eligible for individual subscriptions.
Please read our complete Terms of Trade for journal subscription policies.
Journal subscribers will receive a separate invoice and confirmation for your subscription order with taxes broken down separately as applicable and appropriate for your region.
Frequently asked questions
How do I redeem my eBook?
- Once you have successfully completed your eBook purchase on Thieme.com please look in your Order Confirmation e-mail for your unique redemption code. If you have not received your code, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Please go to https://www.vitalsource.com and make an account if you do not already have one.
- Once you are logged in, click the Account menu at the top right of the screen. Select Redeem and enter the redemption code in the Code To Redeem box.
- Press Redeem. Once the code has been redeemed your eBook will download and appear in your library.
Can I download e-books directly to mobile phones/tablets (without going through PC/laptop)?
- Click this link to access app downloads for iPhone, Android, Kindle, Mac, PC, and Chromebook: https://www.vitalsource.com/downloads
- Once you have downloaded the Bookshelf app, open the app and log in to your Bookshelf account to access your eBook. Click on “All Titles” in the collection pane to view all the eBooks in your account. Double-click on the title to download the book to your device. Once downloaded, double-click again to open the book.
Can I transfer e-books to other computers?
With an account from Vitalsource, you are able to access your book anywhere once you have logged in to your account at least once.
What is an e-book?
An e-book is an electronic edition of a printed book that is available as a file. The content does not differ from the printed edition of the book. Thieme offers electronic books in PDF and EPUB formats. For both formats, you need software to display the documents on your reading device. This software is not part of the e-book download.
What is the PDF format?
Adobe PDF format (Portable Document Format) is a standard format in MAC/PC area. Free programs for reading a PDF are available for all common operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and for almost all e-book readers such as e-book readers, tablets or smartphones.
What is the EPUB format?
EPUB (electronic publication) is a standard format for e-books that enables dynamic adaptation of the text to the size of the display device. It is particularly well suited for displaying e-books on tablet PCs, smartphones, and e-book readers.
EPUBs can also be easily displayed on MACs/PCs via the free ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) software, for example.
An Internet connection is required only to download the e-book to the reader. Once the download is complete, you can view and read the e-book without an Internet connection.
Are e-books copy-protected?
E-books from Thieme Publishing Group are provided with DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection from Vitalsource
On how many devices can I read the e-book?
You can read an e-book on up to six different (mobile) devices. These devices must be authorized with the same Adobe ID.
Can I exchange/return an e-book?
E-books are products that are not suitable for return due to their nature. Just like downloads of other electronic files (movies, music or software), e-books are excluded from the right of withdrawal. A return or exchange is therefore not possible.
If you have any questions about downloading Bookshelf, creating your account, or accessing and using your eBook edition, please visit http://support.vitalsource.com/
For institutional subscriptions, please contact Institutional Sales for pricing at: