Digestive Disease Interventions
- Edition: 1 2018
- Details: 322 pages, 640 ill., ePub
- ISBN: 9781638534129
- Media Type:
- Copy protection:
- Language of text: English
Comprehensively covers the rich spectrum of radiologic digestive disease interventions
Greater understanding of gastrointestinal disease has resulted in an evolving array of minimally invasive and noninvasive techniques. Significant advances have maximized patient comfort, improved clinical outcomes, and minimized morbidity. Interventional radiologists are integral to the management of patients with a wide range of digestive disorders, often providing a critical or sole therapeutic option. The field has evolved from a procedure-based radiology subspecialty to a patient-based, clinical specialty working in concert with internists, gastroenterologists, oncologists, and surgeons.
Digestive Disease Interventions edited by Baljendra Kapoor and Jonathan Lorenz fills an unmet need for a comprehensive resource covering interventional approaches. Throughout 30 succinct yet comprehensive chapters, top experts detail image-guided gastrointestinal interventions. A full spectrum of pathologies are encompassed — from benign refractory ascites and biliary strictures, to hepatocellular carcinoma, cholangiocarcinoma, pancreatic cancer, and more.
- Management and treatment of portal hypertension including disease knowledge, the use of shunts, and cutting-edge obliteration techniques
- Updates on recent advances and future directions such as obesity and bariatric embolization and islet cell transplantation
- State-of-the-art management of liver cancer: GI imaging, staging, ablation and embolization, liver transplants, and Y-90
- Treatment of acute cholecystitis, cholelithiasis, and choledocholithiasis
- 640 high quality illustrations and halftones elucidate techniques
This remarkable book is an invaluable resource for fellows, residents, and practitioners in the field of interventional radiology. It will also benefit other medical and surgical subspecialists