Cranial Neuroimaging and Clinical Neuroanatomy
Atlas of MR Imaging and Computed Tomography
- Edition: 4th edition 2019
- Details: 652 pages, 930 ill., Hardback (Thread Stitching)
- ISBN: 9783136726044
- Media Type: Book
- Language of text: English
Thieme's classic, indispensable guide to sectional imaging of the cranium
Now in a revised and expanded fourth edition, this exquisitely illustrated text/atlas by renowned experts, provides you with the cognitive tools to visualize and interpret CT and MR images of the cranium. In exacting detail, the normal structures of the brain, as seen in the three orthogonal planes (axial, sagittal, and coronal), are revealed with unparalleled accuracy, making the volume a highly useful aid in daily practice, for teaching, and to provide an anatomic baseline for research on the brain.
Beyond the clinical utility of the contents, the work is an aesthetic pleasure to behold, making learning and comprehension of complex material as simple and easy as possible.
- Detailed brain anatomy shown in the three orthogonal planes; two-page spreads showing imaging studies keyed to the graphics using numbers that are consistent throughout
- Graphic representation of the major arterial and venous territories, and CNS spaces, supra- and infratentorial
- The most important neurofunctional systems revealed in multiplanar parallel sections, including detail on the potential sites of lesions and corresponding neurologic deficits
- New to the fourth edition:
- All X-ray and CT-/MR images replaced with new high-resolution CT and MR images
- High resolution 3-Tesla MR images of the brainstem, 7-Tesla-images, fractional anisotropy (FA) maps as well as quantitative susceptibility maps (QSM)
- New material on temporal bone, brain maturation, neurofunctional systems
- Clinical context updated and expanded
Cranial Neuroimaging and Clinical Neuroanatomy is an essential reference guide for neuroradiologists and neurosurgeons (in training and in practice) and will also be welcomed by many neurologists.
This book includes complimentary access to a dig
Frequently asked questions
How do I redeem my eBook?
- Once you have successfully completed your eBook purchase on Thieme.com please look in your Order Confirmation e-mail for your unique redemption code. If you have not received your code, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Please go to https://www.vitalsource.com and make an account if you do not already have one.
- Once you are logged in, click the Account menu at the top right of the screen. Select Redeem and enter the redemption code in the Code To Redeem box.
- Press Redeem. Once the code has been redeemed your eBook will download and appear in your library.
Can I download e-books directly to mobile phones/tablets (without going through PC/laptop)?
- Click this link to access app downloads for iPhone, Android, Kindle, Mac, PC, and Chromebook: https://www.vitalsource.com/downloads
- Once you have downloaded the Bookshelf app, open the app and log in to your Bookshelf account to access your eBook. Click on “All Titles” in the collection pane to view all the eBooks in your account. Double-click on the title to download the book to your device. Once downloaded, double-click again to open the book.
Can I transfer e-books to other computers?
With an account from Vitalsource, you are able to access your book anywhere once you have logged in to your account at least once.
What is an e-book?
An e-book is an electronic edition of a printed book that is available as a file. The content does not differ from the printed edition of the book. Thieme offers electronic books in PDF and EPUB formats. For both formats, you need software to display the documents on your reading device. This software is not part of the e-book download.
What is the PDF format?
Adobe PDF format (Portable Document Format) is a standard format in MAC/PC area. Free programs for reading a PDF are available for all common operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and for almost all e-book readers such as e-book readers, tablets or smartphones.
What is the EPUB format?
EPUB (electronic publication) is a standard format for e-books that enables dynamic adaptation of the text to the size of the display device. It is particularly well suited for displaying e-books on tablet PCs, smartphones, and e-book readers.
EPUBs can also be easily displayed on MACs/PCs via the free ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) software, for example.
An Internet connection is required only to download the e-book to the reader. Once the download is complete, you can view and read the e-book without an Internet connection.
Are e-books copy-protected?
E-books from Thieme Publishing Group are provided with DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection from Vitalsource
On how many devices can I read the e-book?
You can read an e-book on up to six different (mobile) devices. These devices must be authorized with the same Adobe ID.
Can I exchange/return an e-book?
E-books are products that are not suitable for return due to their nature. Just like downloads of other electronic files (movies, music or software), e-books are excluded from the right of withdrawal. A return or exchange is therefore not possible.
If you have any questions about downloading Bookshelf, creating your account, or accessing and using your eBook edition, please visit http://support.vitalsource.com/