Beautifully illustrated with high-quality ultrasound images, an ideal beginner's guide; should be at hand in every ultrasound department.
Now in its third edition, the Color Atlas of Ultrasound Anatomy presents a comprehensive and systematic overview of normal sonographic anatomy of the abdominal and pelvic regions, essential for locating and recognizing the organs, anatomic landmarks, and topographic relationships. In its practical double-page format, ultrasound images and corresponding drawings are arranged by organs and scanning paths in more than 300 pairs, demonstrating probe positioning, the resulting sectional image, the anatomical structures, and the location of the scanning plane in the organ.
- In gallbladder, spleen, and kidneys chapters, revised and expanded series of ultrasound images with corresponding drawings
- Now with coverage of transvaginal imaging of the uterus and ovaries and transrectal imaging of the prostate
- Offers guidance on scanning paths and standard sectional planes for abdominal scanning, with photos demonstrating probe placement on the body and drawings showing the organs that can be visualized
- Helps grasp the relation between three-dimensional organ systems and their two-dimensional representation in ultrasound imaging
- Front and back cover flaps displaying normal sonographic dimensions of organs for easy reference
Covering all relevant anatomic structures, important measurable parameters, and normal values, and including both transverse and longitudinal scans, this pocket-sized reference is an essential, high-yield learning tool for medical students, radiology residents, ultrasound technicians, and medical sonographers.
This book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.
Frequently asked questions
How do I redeem my eBook?
- Once you have successfully completed your eBook purchase on Thieme.com please look in your Order Confirmation e-mail for your unique redemption code. If you have not received your code, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com for assistance.
- Please go to https://www.vitalsource.com and make an account if you do not already have one.
- Once you are logged in, click the Account menu at the top right of the screen. Select Redeem and enter the redemption code in the Code To Redeem box.
- Press Redeem. Once the code has been redeemed your eBook will download and appear in your library.
Can I download e-books directly to mobile phones/tablets (without going through PC/laptop)?
- Click this link to access app downloads for iPhone, Android, Kindle, Mac, PC, and Chromebook: https://www.vitalsource.com/downloads
- Once you have downloaded the Bookshelf app, open the app and log in to your Bookshelf account to access your eBook. Click on “All Titles” in the collection pane to view all the eBooks in your account. Double-click on the title to download the book to your device. Once downloaded, double-click again to open the book.
Can I transfer e-books to other computers?
With an account from Vitalsource, you are able to access your book anywhere once you have logged in to your account at least once.
What is an e-book?
An e-book is an electronic edition of a printed book that is available as a file. The content does not differ from the printed edition of the book. Thieme offers electronic books in PDF and EPUB formats. For both formats, you need software to display the documents on your reading device. This software is not part of the e-book download.
What is the PDF format?
Adobe PDF format (Portable Document Format) is a standard format in MAC/PC area. Free programs for reading a PDF are available for all common operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and for almost all e-book readers such as e-book readers, tablets or smartphones.
What is the EPUB format?
EPUB (electronic publication) is a standard format for e-books that enables dynamic adaptation of the text to the size of the display device. It is particularly well suited for displaying e-books on tablet PCs, smartphones, and e-book readers.
EPUBs can also be easily displayed on MACs/PCs via the free ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) software, for example.
An Internet connection is required only to download the e-book to the reader. Once the download is complete, you can view and read the e-book without an Internet connection.
Are e-books copy-protected?
E-books from Thieme Publishing Group are provided with DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection from Vitalsource
On how many devices can I read the e-book?
You can read an e-book on up to six different (mobile) devices. These devices must be authorized with the same Adobe ID.
Can I exchange/return an e-book?
E-books are products that are not suitable for return due to their nature. Just like downloads of other electronic files (movies, music or software), e-books are excluded from the right of withdrawal. A return or exchange is therefore not possible.
If you have any questions about downloading Bookshelf, creating your account, or accessing and using your eBook edition, please visit http://support.vitalsource.com/