Case studies provide a stellar resource for mastering clinical breast tomosynthesis technology
Digital breast tomosynthesis (DBT), popularly called "3D mammography" is a state-of-the-art breast imaging technology that provides the ability to view inside the breast, layer by layer. Advantages of DBT include elimination of superimposed tissue, improved detection of otherwise hidden lesions, and significantly higher cancer detection rates compared to conventional mammography.
Although it is increasingly being implemented in imaging centers, hands-on clinical learning tools have been lacking - until now. Written by renowned breast imaging specialists, this multimedia textbook is the most definitive DBT reference available. The first section is dedicated to DBT fundamentals, including physics, reconstruction methods, acquisition parameters, and patient dose and data size considerations. The next two sections are case-based clinical practice presentations, organized by DBT screening and diagnostic components.
- The use of 3D breast imaging to detect and differentiate malignancies from normal and benign findings
- 100 case studies include pertinent clinical information, introductory images, and findings labeled on subsequent images with BI-RADS terminology
- Full field digital mammography and/or synthetic 2D mammogram images included in all case studies mirror what is typically encountered in DBT breast-imaging programs
- Clinical pearls on navigating the technology, interpreting images, making diagnoses, and decisions regarding follow-up studies
- Accompanying online videos further elucidate the still images
This remarkable, interactive reference is a must-have for trainee and practicing radiologists and will also benefit mammography technicians. The detailed case studies and videos demonstrate the full utility of DBT as a screening and diagnostic technology in context with mammography, ultrasound, and MRI of the breast.
Frequently asked questions
How do I redeem my eBook?
- Once you have successfully completed your eBook purchase on Thieme.com please look in your Order Confirmation e-mail for your unique redemption code. If you have not received your code, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com for assistance.
- Please go to https://www.vitalsource.com and make an account if you do not already have one.
- Once you are logged in, click the Account menu at the top right of the screen. Select Redeem and enter the redemption code in the Code To Redeem box.
- Press Redeem. Once the code has been redeemed your eBook will download and appear in your library.
Can I download e-books directly to mobile phones/tablets (without going through PC/laptop)?
- Click this link to access app downloads for iPhone, Android, Kindle, Mac, PC, and Chromebook: https://www.vitalsource.com/downloads
- Once you have downloaded the Bookshelf app, open the app and log in to your Bookshelf account to access your eBook. Click on “All Titles” in the collection pane to view all the eBooks in your account. Double-click on the title to download the book to your device. Once downloaded, double-click again to open the book.
Can I transfer e-books to other computers?
With an account from Vitalsource, you are able to access your book anywhere once you have logged in to your account at least once.
What is an e-book?
An e-book is an electronic edition of a printed book that is available as a file. The content does not differ from the printed edition of the book. Thieme offers electronic books in PDF and EPUB formats. For both formats, you need software to display the documents on your reading device. This software is not part of the e-book download.
What is the PDF format?
Adobe PDF format (Portable Document Format) is a standard format in MAC/PC area. Free programs for reading a PDF are available for all common operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and for almost all e-book readers such as e-book readers, tablets or smartphones.
What is the EPUB format?
EPUB (electronic publication) is a standard format for e-books that enables dynamic adaptation of the text to the size of the display device. It is particularly well suited for displaying e-books on tablet PCs, smartphones, and e-book readers.
EPUBs can also be easily displayed on MACs/PCs via the free ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) software, for example.
An Internet connection is required only to download the e-book to the reader. Once the download is complete, you can view and read the e-book without an Internet connection.
Are e-books copy-protected?
E-books from Thieme Publishing Group are provided with DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection from Vitalsource
On how many devices can I read the e-book?
You can read an e-book on up to six different (mobile) devices. These devices must be authorized with the same Adobe ID.
Can I exchange/return an e-book?
E-books are products that are not suitable for return due to their nature. Just like downloads of other electronic files (movies, music or software), e-books are excluded from the right of withdrawal. A return or exchange is therefore not possible.
If you have any questions about downloading Bookshelf, creating your account, or accessing and using your eBook edition, please visit http://support.vitalsource.com/