Clinical Anatomy, Histology, Embryology, and Neuroanatomy
An Integrated Textbook
- Edition: 1 2023
- Details: 944 pages, 1952 ill., Paperback (Perfect Binding)
- ISBN: 9781626234116
- Media Type: Book
- Language of text: English
A beautifully illustrated, one-stop resource that bridges all four anatomical sciences
Clinical Anatomy, Histology, Embryology, and Neuroanatomy: An Integrated Textbook by Jamie C. Wikenheiser bridges all four anatomical sciences in one volume with clinically focused anatomical text and exceptional illustrations. The book fills a gap in the literature, serving as a one-stop resource for multiple courses and board-review preparation, and also provides an invaluable reference for professional practice. The primary goals of integrating the four sciences into one book are to enhance students' understanding of the subject matter, better prepare them for national exams, and—most importantly—enable them to deliver optimal care to their future patients.
The introductory chapter includes clear explanations of anatomical terminology and an overview describing all systems of the body. The rest of the textbook is organized by region to better align with how most professional schools organize their curriculums, while also providing flexibility to fit alternate curriculums. Chapters on the Back, Thorax, Abdomen, Pelvis and Perineum, Lower Extremity, Upper Extremity, and Head and Neck regions are followed by multiple chapters focused on neuroanatomy. Region-based chapters with multiple organs begin with an introduction to gross anatomy, followed by descriptions of the associated neurovasculature and lymphatic drainage. Development and the histology of organs are presented alongside the neurovasculature.
- Over 350 surgical, nonsurgical, and developmental clinical correlates prepare readers for potential issues encountered during rotations, residency, or private practice
- Nearly 250 USMLE® Step 1 board review questions facilitate learning
- Plain and contrast radiographs, CTs, MRIs, and ultrasonography studies enhance understanding of normal anatomy and specific conditions
- Nearly 2,000 exceptional images derived from three widely acclaimed Thieme anatomical atlases and a histology textbook, coupled with exquisite new artwork, provide in-depth visual insights
This is essential reading for allopathic and osteopathic medical students and will also benefit allied health professionals, especially physician assistants and physical therapists.
This print book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.