An up-to-date, instructional resource on open and arthroscopic management of wrist injuries
Major advances have been made in the field of wrist surgery, including the use of arthroscopy and better rehabilitation protocols. In addition, understanding of proprioception has changed conservative management, often preventing surgery. Nevertheless, the assessment and management of a myriad of wrist dysfunctions remains daunting, due in part to complicated anatomy and mechanics and a lack of high-quality prospective clinical studies. Carpal Ligament Injuries and Instability: FESSH Instructional Course Book 2023 edited by renowned hand surgeons Fernando Corella, Carlos Heras-Palou, and Riccardo Luchetti covers the investigation, diagnosis, staging, and management of ligament injuries and the latest open and arthroscopic techniques to treat carpal instabilities.
The first two sections lay a solid foundation, with eight chapters encompassing anatomy and biomechanics, clinical and arthroscopic examination of the wrist, and imaging. Section three includes 10 chapters on scapholunate injury and instability, with discussion of open and arthroscopic repair, reinforcement, reconstruction, and resection techniques. Section four features five chapters on lunotriquetral injury and instability, including acute and chronic open and arthroscopic injury management. Section five includes four chapters on extrinsic ligament injuries, from perilunate injuries to staging and treatment of nondissociative proximal row instability. The book concludes with a final section comprising two chapters on other types of injuries.
- An impressive group of renowned global experts describe new treatment algorithms and surgical techniques
- Clinical pearls throughout the text provide guidance on preventing complications and improving outcomes
- A wealth of high-quality operative photos, imaging scans, illustrations, and videos enhance understanding of impacted anatomy and techniques
This resource provides trainees, surgeons, and therapists with current thinking and up-to-date evidence-based treatment for wrist ligament injuries and carpal instabilities, with the goal of improved patient outcomes.
This book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Frequently asked questions
How do I redeem my eBook?
- Once you have successfully completed your eBook purchase on Thieme.com please look in your Order Confirmation e-mail for your unique redemption code. If you have not received your code, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com for assistance.
- Please go to https://www.vitalsource.com and make an account if you do not already have one.
- Once you are logged in, click the Account menu at the top right of the screen. Select Redeem and enter the redemption code in the Code To Redeem box.
- Press Redeem. Once the code has been redeemed your eBook will download and appear in your library.
Can I download e-books directly to mobile phones/tablets (without going through PC/laptop)?
- Click this link to access app downloads for iPhone, Android, Kindle, Mac, PC, and Chromebook: https://www.vitalsource.com/downloads
- Once you have downloaded the Bookshelf app, open the app and log in to your Bookshelf account to access your eBook. Click on “All Titles” in the collection pane to view all the eBooks in your account. Double-click on the title to download the book to your device. Once downloaded, double-click again to open the book.
Can I transfer e-books to other computers?
With an account from Vitalsource, you are able to access your book anywhere once you have logged in to your account at least once.
What is an e-book?
An e-book is an electronic edition of a printed book that is available as a file. The content does not differ from the printed edition of the book. Thieme offers electronic books in PDF and EPUB formats. For both formats, you need software to display the documents on your reading device. This software is not part of the e-book download.
What is the PDF format?
Adobe PDF format (Portable Document Format) is a standard format in MAC/PC area. Free programs for reading a PDF are available for all common operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and for almost all e-book readers such as e-book readers, tablets or smartphones.
What is the EPUB format?
EPUB (electronic publication) is a standard format for e-books that enables dynamic adaptation of the text to the size of the display device. It is particularly well suited for displaying e-books on tablet PCs, smartphones, and e-book readers.
EPUBs can also be easily displayed on MACs/PCs via the free ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) software, for example.
An Internet connection is required only to download the e-book to the reader. Once the download is complete, you can view and read the e-book without an Internet connection.
Are e-books copy-protected?
E-books from Thieme Publishing Group are provided with DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection from Vitalsource
On how many devices can I read the e-book?
You can read an e-book on up to six different (mobile) devices. These devices must be authorized with the same Adobe ID.
Can I exchange/return an e-book?
E-books are products that are not suitable for return due to their nature. Just like downloads of other electronic files (movies, music or software), e-books are excluded from the right of withdrawal. A return or exchange is therefore not possible.
If you have any questions about downloading Bookshelf, creating your account, or accessing and using your eBook edition, please visit http://support.vitalsource.com/