Breast Cancer: Diagnostic Imaging and Therapeutic Guidance provides a concise, practical, and practice-based source of up-to-date diagnostic and therapeutic information for the general radiologist. In the diagnostic phase of evaluating breast disorders, the overriding consideration in the examination and assessment is to reduce false diagnoses to the absolute minimum-a principle wholly in the interests of the patient. The particular diagnostic pathway chosen will depend on the highly variable individual presentations and the associated findings. A major focus of the book is the comparative value of the various diagnostic imaging modalities. As well as discussing conventional mammography and adjunct modalities such as breast ultrasound and galactography, the text also showcases the superior utility of contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging in providing the highest rate of detection of cancers at any stage. As well as radiological diagnosis, sections written by top specialists cover the interventional procedures for obtaining biopsies and also the surgical and medical therapy of breast carcinoma.
- Combined authors' experience of more than 100 years provides this work with great depth and expertise.
- Richly illustrated with almost 600 images, including full color histology, patient photographs, and hundreds of radiological studies.
- BI-RADS classification for mammography, breast ultrasound, and breast MRI.
- Adjunct topics covered include screening and staging; lymph nodes; breast reconstruction; chemotherapy, also with respect to endocrine-active tumors; radiation therapy; tumors of the male breast; logistics in the breast care center; and psychosocial care.
Breast Cancer: Diagnostic Imaging and Therapeutic Guidance is certain to prove an invaluable tool for all general radiologists involved in the evaluation and treatment of patients with breast cancer.
Frequently asked questions
How do I redeem my eBook?
- Once you have successfully completed your eBook purchase on Thieme.com please look in your Order Confirmation e-mail for your unique redemption code. If you have not received your code, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com for assistance.
- Please go to https://www.vitalsource.com and make an account if you do not already have one.
- Once you are logged in, click the Account menu at the top right of the screen. Select Redeem and enter the redemption code in the Code To Redeem box.
- Press Redeem. Once the code has been redeemed your eBook will download and appear in your library.
Can I download e-books directly to mobile phones/tablets (without going through PC/laptop)?
- Click this link to access app downloads for iPhone, Android, Kindle, Mac, PC, and Chromebook: https://www.vitalsource.com/downloads
- Once you have downloaded the Bookshelf app, open the app and log in to your Bookshelf account to access your eBook. Click on “All Titles” in the collection pane to view all the eBooks in your account. Double-click on the title to download the book to your device. Once downloaded, double-click again to open the book.
Can I transfer e-books to other computers?
With an account from Vitalsource, you are able to access your book anywhere once you have logged in to your account at least once.
What is an e-book?
An e-book is an electronic edition of a printed book that is available as a file. The content does not differ from the printed edition of the book. Thieme offers electronic books in PDF and EPUB formats. For both formats, you need software to display the documents on your reading device. This software is not part of the e-book download.
What is the PDF format?
Adobe PDF format (Portable Document Format) is a standard format in MAC/PC area. Free programs for reading a PDF are available for all common operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and for almost all e-book readers such as e-book readers, tablets or smartphones.
What is the EPUB format?
EPUB (electronic publication) is a standard format for e-books that enables dynamic adaptation of the text to the size of the display device. It is particularly well suited for displaying e-books on tablet PCs, smartphones, and e-book readers.
EPUBs can also be easily displayed on MACs/PCs via the free ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) software, for example.
An Internet connection is required only to download the e-book to the reader. Once the download is complete, you can view and read the e-book without an Internet connection.
Are e-books copy-protected?
E-books from Thieme Publishing Group are provided with DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection from Vitalsource
On how many devices can I read the e-book?
You can read an e-book on up to six different (mobile) devices. These devices must be authorized with the same Adobe ID.
Can I exchange/return an e-book?
E-books are products that are not suitable for return due to their nature. Just like downloads of other electronic files (movies, music or software), e-books are excluded from the right of withdrawal. A return or exchange is therefore not possible.
If you have any questions about downloading Bookshelf, creating your account, or accessing and using your eBook edition, please visit http://support.vitalsource.com/