Atlas of Sellar, Suprasellar, and Parasellar Lesions, encompassing both transcranial and transsphenoidal routes, recounts the high points and advances that have made minimally invasive approaches to these complex regions possible, as well as their relative indications and technical nuances. Familiarity with the techniques, the indications, and the surgical anatomy for each procedure will allow the surgeon to tailor the operation according to the approach best suited for each patient.
- An expert, authoritative, international team of authors provides surgical insight and guidance through pearls of wisdom from their career-long experiences
- Detailed, step-by-step videos of operative procedures highlight potential technical and anatomical hazards of the lesions
- Richly illustrated with hundreds of outstanding endoscopic images and corresponding drawings; this atlas successfully covers the latest techniques for skull base surgery
- From anatomical orientation to diagnosis and evidence-based procedures, complication avoidance, and postoperative management, this book covers a wide gamut of topics that skull base surgeons face in everyday practice
- This book provides information on patient selection, choice of operative approach, special needs for minimally invasive procedures, and early diagnosis and treatment of complications after surgery
Narayanan Janakiram, MS, DLO, is the Managing Director of Royal Pearl Hospital, Tiruchirapalli, Tamil Nadu, India. He is a visiting consultant at multiple foreign universities for training young surgeons in endoscopic advanced skull base tumor resections. He is involved in research projects and publishing journals and books to share his vast experience in endoscopic excision of challenging lesions such as craniopharyngioma and cavernous sinus tumors. Internationally sought-after for his unparalleled surgical skills in lesions of the skull base and the internal carotid artery, Dr Janakiram is committed to providing creditworthy education in skull base surgeries in more than 40 countries with the integration of advanced multimedia technology, live procedures, orations, lectures, and web telecasts. As a leading specialist in Neuroendoscopy in the Asia Pacific region, his objective is to improve patient care globally.
Frequently asked questions
How do I redeem my eBook?
- Once you have successfully completed your eBook purchase on Thieme.com please look in your Order Confirmation e-mail for your unique redemption code. If you have not received your code, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Please go to https://www.vitalsource.com and make an account if you do not already have one.
- Once you are logged in, click the Account menu at the top right of the screen. Select Redeem and enter the redemption code in the Code To Redeem box.
- Press Redeem. Once the code has been redeemed your eBook will download and appear in your library.
Can I download e-books directly to mobile phones/tablets (without going through PC/laptop)?
- Click this link to access app downloads for iPhone, Android, Kindle, Mac, PC, and Chromebook: https://www.vitalsource.com/downloads
- Once you have downloaded the Bookshelf app, open the app and log in to your Bookshelf account to access your eBook. Click on “All Titles” in the collection pane to view all the eBooks in your account. Double-click on the title to download the book to your device. Once downloaded, double-click again to open the book.
Can I transfer e-books to other computers?
With an account from Vitalsource, you are able to access your book anywhere once you have logged in to your account at least once.
What is an e-book?
An e-book is an electronic edition of a printed book that is available as a file. The content does not differ from the printed edition of the book. Thieme offers electronic books in PDF and EPUB formats. For both formats, you need software to display the documents on your reading device. This software is not part of the e-book download.
What is the PDF format?
Adobe PDF format (Portable Document Format) is a standard format in MAC/PC area. Free programs for reading a PDF are available for all common operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and for almost all e-book readers such as e-book readers, tablets or smartphones.
What is the EPUB format?
EPUB (electronic publication) is a standard format for e-books that enables dynamic adaptation of the text to the size of the display device. It is particularly well suited for displaying e-books on tablet PCs, smartphones, and e-book readers.
EPUBs can also be easily displayed on MACs/PCs via the free ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) software, for example.
An Internet connection is required only to download the e-book to the reader. Once the download is complete, you can view and read the e-book without an Internet connection.
Are e-books copy-protected?
E-books from Thieme Publishing Group are provided with DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection from Vitalsource
On how many devices can I read the e-book?
You can read an e-book on up to six different (mobile) devices. These devices must be authorized with the same Adobe ID.
Can I exchange/return an e-book?
E-books are products that are not suitable for return due to their nature. Just like downloads of other electronic files (movies, music or software), e-books are excluded from the right of withdrawal. A return or exchange is therefore not possible.
If you have any questions about downloading Bookshelf, creating your account, or accessing and using your eBook edition, please visit http://support.vitalsource.com/