Atlas of Injection Therapy in Pain Management
- Edition: 1 2012
- Details: 192 pages, 95 ill., PDF
- ISBN: 9783131644817
- Media Type:
- Copy protection:
- Language of text: English
Pain therapy, effective and cost-effective, easy to learn
A highly effective, low-risk pain management therapy to include in your patient services, Injection Therapy in Pain Management provides a practical, step-by-step approach that will allow physicians, including those without extensive prior experience, to manage pain through the injection of local anesthetics. Its clear, symptom-oriented format and detailed directions show how to recognize clinically recurring pain patterns, administer the correct treatment, and manage pain syndromes successfully.
- Precise instructions for implementing injection techniques safely and efficiently - even for more complex pain such as headache and in the shoulder
- Nearly 100 clear anatomic illustrations that use a simple color key to demonstrate injection points and areas of pain distribution - an ideal visual learning aid
- Concise descriptions of indications; differential diagnoses; materials and techniques; insertion points, direction and depth; possible risks and side effects; and concomitant therapies for pain treatment
- A straightforward double-page format with text on one side and anatomic drawings on the facing page for easy mastery of techniques
For all busy clinicians whose aim is to relieve pain quickly and effectively, and add a valuable, cost-effective service to their practice, this atlas-style teaching reference is essential. Orthopedists, sports medicine physicians, physical therapists, and practitioners of manual medicine will find a wealth of information and a "roadmap" of techniques that can be seamlessly integrated into everyday practice.