Atlas of Facial Nerve Surgeries and Reanimation Procedures is more than a project for the author. It is the culmination of her passion, as well as lifelong quest and pursuit, for perfecting the execution of management of facial nerve in different situations. The main objective of this atlas is to provide an insight to the reader regarding the anatomy and normal functioning of the facial nerve, besides a guidance on step-wise evaluation and management of facial palsy, aimed at achieving optimal results. The elaborate description about the post-treatment recovery of the functioning of facial nerve and facial muscles is an important highlight of this atlas.
The text in this atlas gives a concise description of the principles of management of facial nerve and the steps of surgery; at the same time, a major focus has been placed on surgical images and diagrams to provide the reader with a pictorial view of the procedural intricacies involved in the surgery and facial nerve management. The diagrams have been specifically drawn by the author herself to depict a simplified representation of the steps, and to emphasize the key technical points involved in them.
- Starting from embryology and detailed anatomy of the facial nerve, this atlas takes you on a journey depicting different aspects of the facial nerve, its lesions, their evaluation, and finally treatment. The decision to opt for right techniques and their timing forms the hallmark of this book.
- More than 1000 images and simple illustrations depicting the preoperative facial palsy, operative steps, and postsurgery facial recovery at different stages.
- Thorough description of Bell’s palsy, which has always been a controversial topic.
- Bilateral facial palsy, discussed rarely, has been described in an elaborate manner with few very interesting cases.
- Special chapter on management of the facial nerve in lateral skull base surgery to guide the reader about simple relevant techniques.
- Simple steps to handle the facial nerve in cochlear implant surgery.
- A novel technique named “transzygomatic anterior attic approach” to decompress the facial nerve in post-traumatic facial palsy has been introduced for reader’s benefit.
This book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Frequently asked questions
How do I redeem my eBook?
- Once you have successfully completed your eBook purchase on Thieme.com please look in your Order Confirmation e-mail for your unique redemption code. If you have not received your code, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Please go to https://www.vitalsource.com and make an account if you do not already have one.
- Once you are logged in, click the Account menu at the top right of the screen. Select Redeem and enter the redemption code in the Code To Redeem box.
- Press Redeem. Once the code has been redeemed your eBook will download and appear in your library.
Can I download e-books directly to mobile phones/tablets (without going through PC/laptop)?
- Click this link to access app downloads for iPhone, Android, Kindle, Mac, PC, and Chromebook: https://www.vitalsource.com/downloads
- Once you have downloaded the Bookshelf app, open the app and log in to your Bookshelf account to access your eBook. Click on “All Titles” in the collection pane to view all the eBooks in your account. Double-click on the title to download the book to your device. Once downloaded, double-click again to open the book.
Can I transfer e-books to other computers?
With an account from Vitalsource, you are able to access your book anywhere once you have logged in to your account at least once.
What is an e-book?
An e-book is an electronic edition of a printed book that is available as a file. The content does not differ from the printed edition of the book. Thieme offers electronic books in PDF and EPUB formats. For both formats, you need software to display the documents on your reading device. This software is not part of the e-book download.
What is the PDF format?
Adobe PDF format (Portable Document Format) is a standard format in MAC/PC area. Free programs for reading a PDF are available for all common operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and for almost all e-book readers such as e-book readers, tablets or smartphones.
What is the EPUB format?
EPUB (electronic publication) is a standard format for e-books that enables dynamic adaptation of the text to the size of the display device. It is particularly well suited for displaying e-books on tablet PCs, smartphones, and e-book readers.
EPUBs can also be easily displayed on MACs/PCs via the free ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) software, for example.
An Internet connection is required only to download the e-book to the reader. Once the download is complete, you can view and read the e-book without an Internet connection.
Are e-books copy-protected?
E-books from Thieme Publishing Group are provided with DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection from Vitalsource
On how many devices can I read the e-book?
You can read an e-book on up to six different (mobile) devices. These devices must be authorized with the same Adobe ID.
Can I exchange/return an e-book?
E-books are products that are not suitable for return due to their nature. Just like downloads of other electronic files (movies, music or software), e-books are excluded from the right of withdrawal. A return or exchange is therefore not possible.
If you have any questions about downloading Bookshelf, creating your account, or accessing and using your eBook edition, please visit http://support.vitalsource.com/