Skull base surgery has evolved over the last decade into a symbiotic combination of cutting-edge technology and surgical skills. From the ORL perspective, skull base is usually performed by three separate teams, namely, rhinologist who performs the endoscopic transnasal skull base surgery, neurotologist who performs posterolateral skull base, and head and neck surgeon who performs the open skull base approaches. These traditional division, although still very much applicable in most countries, is now being challenged by some group of surgeons who perform the entire skull base surgery.
The editors of this surgical atlas belong to this group who performs the entire range of skull base as the surgical skills and instruments are interchangeable. Current fellowship includes exposure to the entire range of skull base, thus pioneering a younger generation of skull base surgeons who inherit the same versatility and technical capability of performing the entire range of skull base surgery. Many colleagues around the globe practice a single corridor of approaches. However, we believe in practicing 360-degree skull base, thus the need for this unique atlas that encompasses the entire skull base.
- Step-by-step description of procedures with detailed photographs
- More than 2,000 high-definition photographs to enhance the understanding of the text
- Detailed description of tips, tricks, and pitfalls to be avoided is covered in the atlas.
- Complications and their management, reconstruction of skull base defects, and rehabilitation chapters
- Comprehensive overview of pituitary tumors, craniopharyngioma, meningioma, craniovertebral junction pathologies, and chordoma
Frequently asked questions
How do I redeem my eBook?
- Once you have successfully completed your eBook purchase on Thieme.com please look in your Order Confirmation e-mail for your unique redemption code. If you have not received your code, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com for assistance.
- Please go to https://www.vitalsource.com and make an account if you do not already have one.
- Once you are logged in, click the Account menu at the top right of the screen. Select Redeem and enter the redemption code in the Code To Redeem box.
- Press Redeem. Once the code has been redeemed your eBook will download and appear in your library.
Can I download e-books directly to mobile phones/tablets (without going through PC/laptop)?
- Click this link to access app downloads for iPhone, Android, Kindle, Mac, PC, and Chromebook: https://www.vitalsource.com/downloads
- Once you have downloaded the Bookshelf app, open the app and log in to your Bookshelf account to access your eBook. Click on “All Titles” in the collection pane to view all the eBooks in your account. Double-click on the title to download the book to your device. Once downloaded, double-click again to open the book.
Can I transfer e-books to other computers?
With an account from Vitalsource, you are able to access your book anywhere once you have logged in to your account at least once.
What is an e-book?
An e-book is an electronic edition of a printed book that is available as a file. The content does not differ from the printed edition of the book. Thieme offers electronic books in PDF and EPUB formats. For both formats, you need software to display the documents on your reading device. This software is not part of the e-book download.
What is the PDF format?
Adobe PDF format (Portable Document Format) is a standard format in MAC/PC area. Free programs for reading a PDF are available for all common operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and for almost all e-book readers such as e-book readers, tablets or smartphones.
What is the EPUB format?
EPUB (electronic publication) is a standard format for e-books that enables dynamic adaptation of the text to the size of the display device. It is particularly well suited for displaying e-books on tablet PCs, smartphones, and e-book readers.
EPUBs can also be easily displayed on MACs/PCs via the free ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) software, for example.
An Internet connection is required only to download the e-book to the reader. Once the download is complete, you can view and read the e-book without an Internet connection.
Are e-books copy-protected?
E-books from Thieme Publishing Group are provided with DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection from Vitalsource
On how many devices can I read the e-book?
You can read an e-book on up to six different (mobile) devices. These devices must be authorized with the same Adobe ID.
Can I exchange/return an e-book?
E-books are products that are not suitable for return due to their nature. Just like downloads of other electronic files (movies, music or software), e-books are excluded from the right of withdrawal. A return or exchange is therefore not possible.
If you have any questions about downloading Bookshelf, creating your account, or accessing and using your eBook edition, please visit http://support.vitalsource.com/