Third edition of acclaimed, richly illustrated textbook is the definitive resource for learning challenging anatomy!
While the relevance of anatomy to medical diagnosis and treatment continually evolves, anatomical knowledge will always be instrumental to effective treatment of patients. Building on the tradition of the highly acclaimed prior editions, Anatomy: An Essential Textbook, Third Edition by Anne M. Gilroy features new learning components that leverage the Thieme companion, Atlas of Anatomy, Fourth Edition. Concise, bulleted text paired with large, detailed anatomic figures enhance visual learning and retention of knowledge.
Organized by eight units, the book starts with basic concepts and a general overview of anatomic systems. Subsequent units focused on regional anatomy cover the Back, Thorax, Abdominal Wall and Inguinal Region, Pelvis and Perineum, Upper Limb, Lower Limb, and Head and Neck. Each unit includes a chapter on the practical application of regional imaging and extensive question sets with detailed explanations. A new ordering of chapters now mirrors the revised organization of the Atlas and sequence of dissections in most gross anatomy programs.
- More than 100 new images, updated illustrations, and revised versions of all autonomic schematics enhance understanding of anatomy
- New topics in clinical and developmental anatomy addressed throughout include clinically important vascular anastomoses, spinal cord development, and common anatomic anomalies
- Matching colored side tabs allow quick access to similar units in both books
- Over 50 of the new and previously included clinical and developmental correlations now feature descriptive images, radiographs, or schematics
- Self-testing sections in each unit have been expanded with over 40 new USMLE-style question sets with detailed explanations
This is the quintessential resource for medical students to build anatomy knowledge and confidence as they progress in their medical careers.
This book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.
Frequently asked questions
How do I redeem my eBook?
- Once you have successfully completed your eBook purchase on Thieme.com please look in your Order Confirmation e-mail for your unique redemption code. If you have not received your code, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Please go to https://www.vitalsource.com and make an account if you do not already have one.
- Once you are logged in, click the Account menu at the top right of the screen. Select Redeem and enter the redemption code in the Code To Redeem box.
- Press Redeem. Once the code has been redeemed your eBook will download and appear in your library.
Can I download e-books directly to mobile phones/tablets (without going through PC/laptop)?
- Click this link to access app downloads for iPhone, Android, Kindle, Mac, PC, and Chromebook: https://www.vitalsource.com/downloads
- Once you have downloaded the Bookshelf app, open the app and log in to your Bookshelf account to access your eBook. Click on “All Titles” in the collection pane to view all the eBooks in your account. Double-click on the title to download the book to your device. Once downloaded, double-click again to open the book.
Can I transfer e-books to other computers?
With an account from Vitalsource, you are able to access your book anywhere once you have logged in to your account at least once.
What is an e-book?
An e-book is an electronic edition of a printed book that is available as a file. The content does not differ from the printed edition of the book. Thieme offers electronic books in PDF and EPUB formats. For both formats, you need software to display the documents on your reading device. This software is not part of the e-book download.
What is the PDF format?
Adobe PDF format (Portable Document Format) is a standard format in MAC/PC area. Free programs for reading a PDF are available for all common operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and for almost all e-book readers such as e-book readers, tablets or smartphones.
What is the EPUB format?
EPUB (electronic publication) is a standard format for e-books that enables dynamic adaptation of the text to the size of the display device. It is particularly well suited for displaying e-books on tablet PCs, smartphones, and e-book readers.
EPUBs can also be easily displayed on MACs/PCs via the free ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) software, for example.
An Internet connection is required only to download the e-book to the reader. Once the download is complete, you can view and read the e-book without an Internet connection.
Are e-books copy-protected?
E-books from Thieme Publishing Group are provided with DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection from Vitalsource
On how many devices can I read the e-book?
You can read an e-book on up to six different (mobile) devices. These devices must be authorized with the same Adobe ID.
Can I exchange/return an e-book?
E-books are products that are not suitable for return due to their nature. Just like downloads of other electronic files (movies, music or software), e-books are excluded from the right of withdrawal. A return or exchange is therefore not possible.
If you have any questions about downloading Bookshelf, creating your account, or accessing and using your eBook edition, please visit http://support.vitalsource.com/